cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVM not dealing with scans and then froze

Jump to solution
We have seen the following error occurring 100's of times on one of our OSS servers, U.4944.6224: Nov 14 2019:13:34:10.359: ERROR: avs_server.c: 503: Failed to open file: \\?\X:\McAfee\MOVE AV Server\scanfiles\4840, err: 13 the outcome was the OSS server froze and all the clients accessing the OSS also froze. Should the SVM Manager not have identified this issue and redirected the clients to one of the other 11 OSS servers? If not, in what situation does a client get moved to a different OSS server?
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
patrakshar McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: SVM not dealing with scans and then froze

Jump to solution

Hello @nicksullivan 

Thank  you for your post here. There are two part tho this post. Firstly why this error is coming. For this I would need to know the exact build version of MOVE and also need the MOVE Debug enabled log when issue got re-produced. Both 4.6 and 4.8 had similar entries but for completely different reason. This I can only verify by having the full build and the Logs.

Secondly regarding the SVA-Manger handling this situation. SVA-Manager will assign a new SVM/OSS to the clients only if current SVM/OSS is not reachable. Here network connection is absolutely in connected state between Client to existing OSS and to SVA-Manager. Hence SVA-Manager not getting a signal that current OSS needs to be replaced by a new one. Here OSS server is not able to access the files from RAM Drive causing the scan flood within the scanning network and resulting into OSS high CPU/Hung. 

Now thee could be multiple reason behind not able to read files from RAM Disk which needs to be looked at from the Debug enabled MER log and I can confirm. Please IM me the Debug enabled MER log. 

Follow the article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87799 to enable the Debug in OSS.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
patrakshar McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: SVM not dealing with scans and then froze

Jump to solution

Hello @nicksullivan 

Thank  you for your post here. There are two part tho this post. Firstly why this error is coming. For this I would need to know the exact build version of MOVE and also need the MOVE Debug enabled log when issue got re-produced. Both 4.6 and 4.8 had similar entries but for completely different reason. This I can only verify by having the full build and the Logs.

Secondly regarding the SVA-Manger handling this situation. SVA-Manager will assign a new SVM/OSS to the clients only if current SVM/OSS is not reachable. Here network connection is absolutely in connected state between Client to existing OSS and to SVA-Manager. Hence SVA-Manager not getting a signal that current OSS needs to be replaced by a new one. Here OSS server is not able to access the files from RAM Drive causing the scan flood within the scanning network and resulting into OSS high CPU/Hung. 

Now thee could be multiple reason behind not able to read files from RAM Disk which needs to be looked at from the Debug enabled MER log and I can confirm. Please IM me the Debug enabled MER log. 

Follow the article https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87799 to enable the Debug in OSS.

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community