jmcg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

SVM Manager Assign SVM using tag not working

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have 1 SVM Manager and 4 SVM server (OSS).

Each SVM have a specific tag named SVM1, SVM2, SVM3, SVM4

I have multiples MOVE Client, with differents TAG, MOV1, MOV2, MOV3, MOV4 

I would like that the MOVE Client with MOV1 tag goes on SVM with SVM1 tag.

I would like that the MOVE Client with MOV2 tag goes on SVM with SVM2 tag.

Etc...

So in my ePO strategy of SVM manager settings i have enter:

Rule Name : Rule1 | Client tags: MOV1 | SVM tags: SVM1

Rule Name : Rule2 | Client tags: MOV2 | SVM tags: SVM2

etc...

And it's not working, SVM Manager are not able to attribute SVM based on tag

SVM Manager logs: 

23-01-2019 16:06:16.689 [qtp453523494-182] DEBUG TagServiceImpl  - Finding tag for agentguid :9786472c-1a5f-11e9-3d7e-0050568f81a9
23-01-2019 16:06:16.689 [qtp453523494-182] DEBUG TagServiceImpl  - Added agentGuid: 9786472c-1a5f-11e9-3d7e-0050568f81a9 to fetch tags list
23-01-2019 16:06:16.689 [qtp453523494-182] DEBUG TagFilter  - No tags yet at SVA Manager for client 
23-01-2019 16:06:16.689 [qtp453523494-182] WARN  AssignOssHandler  - Unable to assign OSS for client: ClientInfoVo 

If I assign SVM manually, or check the box "Assign OSS if rule does not match" it's working.

But i would like to auto assign SVM to specific client for performance reason.

Information about the infra:

ePO 5.10

MOVE MP 4.8

MOVE Client 4.8

OSS servers running Windows server 2016 with ENS 10.6.1

Thanks you.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Re: SVM Manager Assign SVM using tag not working

Jump to solution

@jmcg Thank you for confiming the versions that you are using. This has allowed me to confirm that you're likely experiencing a recently found issue when using these versions in conjunction with 5.10 ePO. Engineering is investigating MOVE 4.8 SVM Mgr + ePO 5.10 + Tag policy assignments not functioning properly (as you're seeing). I would ask that you please open a Service Request with Support in order to submit a child defect to BZ1264345.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello jcmg. 

This problem has been fixed in MOVE 4.8 HF 1264345, due to a problem with MOVE SVM Manager and ePO using TLS to communicate, in which provoke an error enforcing tag rules: 

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28245/en_US/...

7 Replies
jmcg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

How can i be sure that SVM Manager retrieve all the tag of ePO ?

akatt
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

There are a couple of differnent methods to achieve this.  Perhaps the quickest method, is to access the svamanagerpolicy.xml directly on the SVM Manager, using the console and the Linux vi command to for editing the contents of the file.  Within this policy xml, we should see a section that states:

<Section name="tags">
<Setting name="tags" value="List of assigned tags here/>
<Setting name="type" value="tags"/>

This would be confirmation that the SVM Manager is actually retrieving the tags created within the SVM Manager policy.

Another method, is to run the MER utility, and copy the resulting .tgz file to a Windows share.  Extract the contents using something like 7zip, and then eventually you can access the svamanagerpolicy.xml and edit it to review the policies being retrieved by the McAfee Agent installed on the SVM Manager.

If needed, the MER can be captured by following this KB:
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83779

Just out of curiosity, are you currently using MOVE 4.8 along with ePO 5.10?

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

jmcg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello,

Yes already check the policy xml and he receive all the tag from the policy.

But how can i be sure that SVM receive all the tag from the machine (Not policy), the tag from Tag Catalogue.

To confirm, i'm using MOVE 4.8 with ePO 5.10.

jess_arman
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

@jmcg Thank you for confiming the versions that you are using. This has allowed me to confirm that you're likely experiencing a recently found issue when using these versions in conjunction with 5.10 ePO. Engineering is investigating MOVE 4.8 SVM Mgr + ePO 5.10 + Tag policy assignments not functioning properly (as you're seeing). I would ask that you please open a Service Request with Support in order to submit a child defect to BZ1264345.

Was my reply helpful?

jmcg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks you, Service Request is already opened.

I will keep update here.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Hello jcmg. 

This problem has been fixed in MOVE 4.8 HF 1264345, due to a problem with MOVE SVM Manager and ePO using TLS to communicate, in which provoke an error enforcing tag rules: 

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28245/en_US/...

McDuff
Level 11
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

We're experiencing the same issue with MOVE 4.8.1.136:

If Assign SVM if no rule is defined for the above client is checked, then MOVE client is randomly assigned an SVM regardless of rules.

If Assign SVM if no rule is defined for the above client is unchecked, then MOVE client is not assigned to any SVM, even though there's a matching rule.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community