Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmkm9090
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Move on demand scanning schedule

helllo 

i use mcafee epo to mange move clients and Svms and from policy catalog  under on demand settings

( Run on-demand scan for every  ) is set to 7 by default and under Svm settings _ (ODS Scheduler)

i made the schedule 4 days after business hours   

i am now confused will the on demand scanning run one time a week or 4 days as i set 

9 Replies
Mick-JP
Level 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Move on demand scanning schedule

Do you want to make ODS schedule 4 hours after business hours?
If this true, you have to set ODS schedule on ePO with

Schedule Type: Daily
Start time: set as after 4 hours from business hours ended

YashT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 10

Hello @mmkm9090 ,

I am referring to : Enable and configure on-demand scans.

Which states if you select Run on-demand scan for every __4__ days, then every 4th Day the task will run irrespective of week count.

eg; If you started today then after 4 days it will again run.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Yash T
mmkm9090
Level 7
Message 4 of 10

@YashT 

and if i want scan run every day what configuration should i use ?

amit_naidu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Hello @mmkm9090 ,

Thank you for your query.

As per your configuration it will on every 4th Day of the week.

We recommend to keep it to 7

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! l Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Amit N
mmkm9090
Level 7
Message 6 of 10

hello Amit 

if i make it 7 and the ODS scheduler calendar every day will it scan every day or only one day a week

amit_naidu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Hello @mmkm9090,

Thank you for your query!

ODS Scheduler refers to the settings for the SVM.

As in, if the calendar is marked for everyday that means the SVM is free for everyday to take the scan request at any given time. 

However, since we have defined Run - On Demand scan for every 7 days , the ODS will run only once in 7 days. 

For Ex : If we configure the ODS to start today 31/01/2020 -  the scan will be performed on 06/02/2020

The scan will be performed based on the availability settings defined under ODS Scheduler. 

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Amit N
mmkm9090
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

@am 

thanks Amit but what if the day ended and not all machines been scanned only some of them how will it behave in this case ? 

amit_naidu
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 9 of 10

Hello @mmkm9090 ,

Thank you for your query!

As per the settings, your machines are set to scan from Mon - Fri during specific hours. The ODS should take place within a gap of 7 days. 

Now if there are any machines which do not get the scan completed on say Monday, the scan will be done on Tuesday. 

Now for the machine which gets scanned on Tuesday, there will be a wait of 7 days before the next ODS gets triggered. 

Hope this answers your query. 

Was my reply helpful?

Thanks and regards,
Amit N
jsam
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

If you have enabled the policy to only allow ODS for 4 x days of each week, then the clients should only be scanned during the active period. The 7 day figure is the minimum time between scans of the same client. If the SVM has already scanned the client previously within the 7 day window, then it will be passed over.

Either check SVM ODS results in ePO, or check the SVM windows application log, event id`s 10 and 12. You should see the ODS start / stop events recorded, along with any that have been terminated as they ran over the (default figure) 150 minute allowed per VM for its ODS to complete.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community