Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 10

Move latency

Hello,

Id like to know how can i masure the latency that the move av add to my envirment?

I also have av for storage and from the storage monitor (graphana) i can see the latency that the av for storage add to my envirment.

9 Replies
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 10

Re: Move latency

Hi @Former Member 

There is no exact measure criteria as such else of the performance monitoring. If the performance monitor shows there is spike in utilization then we can definitely look at that.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

Hi,
Thank you.
What do you mean preformance monitoring? in what tool?
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I am talking about in general within MOVE we do not have any tool that can give you performance related data. If you want to know the latency, you have to see with and without MOVE what is the time difference while performing a job. If there are some additional load given by MOVE then we can look at it from the MOVE log side what is the reason for the same.

jsam
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 10

Hi, for MP, possibly have a look at the mvadm stats cmd  - https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.8.0-server-command-line-interface-reference-guide/pa...

Look at the av request response time.

For both MOVE AGL and MP, exclusion tuning is important. Schedule and use the top 10 report to ensure your exclusion policy is accurate

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.8.0-product-guide/page/GUID-080079AE-9F84-424D-A163-...

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10

Hello,

Thank you i will check this.

I have move multi platform. How can i check avg scan files on svm?

jsam
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 10

Open an admin cli, and call "mvadm stats"  - check what value is reported
Avg request process time: = example 0.045183 sec

Ideally this should be well under 0.1 s

Check the heartbeat count  - this indicates the number of connected clients and check the loads are balanced across all SVM.

Check the threat report in ePO for scan timeouts from MOVE, and adjust exclusions accordingly.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 8 of 10

Hello jsam,

thank you very much.

i check my move server and the Avg request process time is less 0.1 s.

i have 2 question plz:

1) when i check inside my av for storage server the  Avg request process time is between 0.4 to 0.7

is that ok? what is is ideally time?

2) if i have a 50,000 scan request per hour how much scan server do i need?

thank

david

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 9 of 10

Anyone??
jsam
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 10

Hi, for the question " I have 50,000 scan request per hour how much scan server do i need?"

If you run the mvadm stats command on the SVM and look at the output, are most of these chksum lookups, or are they requiring substantial numbers of file transfers to take place?

Have a look at the number of idle scan threads reported also. This should be close to the total scan threads value. If it is much lower it suggests scans are starting to queue.

50k scans in an hour equates to around 14 per second, which should be fine, but I would assume there are peaks and troughs during this hour so would check the host performance stats for network traffic and CPU usage 

Also, if you open resource monitor on the SVM and look at the CPU / network utilization figures associated with the move server process what do you see ?

If you are using TIE, then look at the TIE av response time per req also, as well as the total Tie requests. 

I would also schedule the ePO "top 10" client task on the SVM and review the output to confirm exclusion policies are appropriate.

CLI links

SVM - https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.8.0-server-command-line-interface-reference-guide/pa...

CLIENT = https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.8.0-client-command-line-interface-reference-guide/pa...

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community