Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Move Sva Enable ssh

Jump to solution

Hi ,
I tried to perform the following procedure on the SVA machine:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89720&locale=en_US

But I get a message that I do not have access to do this, I logged in with an SVAadmin user, I do not know that there is an option to use User Root on Move SVA (Su root) machines, ideas?

Move.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Move Sva Enable ssh

Jump to solution

There wouldn't be much of a difference, Since the SVA is a Ubuntu-based machine using sudo -i or sudo -s would fit in and it would still be the same password as svaadmin. 

Hitesh

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hello C_A

Thank you for writing, The SVA Manager or SVA would have root user access. Using: "sudo -s", you would be prompted for the root credentials, You would need to use the same credentials used for "svaadmin

Please try this and let us know if you still see permission denied errors, and also please let us know which version of MOVE are you using since the article you are referring to is only for MOVE 4.5.x

Was my reply helpful?

If you find this post useful, please give it a Kudos! Also, please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Hitesh

C_A
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the quick response,
the version is the latest 4.9.0, I will try it soon, basically we tried to use Root by Su root then a password request popped up and we used SVAadmin's password and it failed, is there anything unique in the sudo -s command?

hitesh_Reddy
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

There wouldn't be much of a difference, Since the SVA is a Ubuntu-based machine using sudo -i or sudo -s would fit in and it would still be the same password as svaadmin. 

Hitesh

View solution in original post

C_A
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

If so I will try it again and update soon,

thanks

C_A
Level 8
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

There is indeed a difference between running sudo -s and su, sudo -s verifies the Svaadmin password and SU asks for a root password that is apparently inaccessible, but Sudo -s gave me the options I needed, thanks.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community