Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nashcoop
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Move MFP on-demand scan (engine version 0.0000 and dat version 0.0000)

I have a couple of questions regarding the on-demand scan functionality with Move.  Currently I'm using Move MFP 4.8.1.136, and the SVM is running the most current version of ENS, Threat Prevention, and ATP (July 2020 release). 

When I ran an on-demand scan on a system and I checked in the Move SVM application event log in Computer Management it shows "on-demand scan started with engine version 0.0000 and dat version 0.0000."  Why are those values all zeroes.  

Also, why do the on-demand scans finish in only a few minutes time.  Is that because they're scanning the cached file?

2 Replies

Re: Move MFP on-demand scan (engine version 0.0000 and dat version 0.0000)

I've seen the same thing before after I'd just installed ENS. It just needs a DAT update, as ENS starts out with 0.0000

nashcoop
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: Move MFP on-demand scan (engine version 0.0000 and dat version 0.0000)

I should clarify that I didn't just install ENS.  I've been running it for months.  AMCore Content and the AMCore engine version are current for ENS running on the SVM, and that's being updated daily via EPO.  That's why I don't understand the application event log displaying 0.0000 for both of those.  Additionally this isn't just happening with one SVM running ENS, it's happening with over a dozen SVM's.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community