cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to McAfee MOVE

HI,

I wanted to check if anyone has some tips or guidelines to follow when migrating from McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to McAfee MOVE Agentless?

How does one deal with exclusions when the whole exclusion mindset changes when MOVE is operational.

4 Replies

Re: Migratign to McAfee MOVE

I too would appreciate any tips or guidelines for the same thing.

Specifically around whether or not I need to uninstall the agents & VSE before I start running MOVE Agentless or if I can do it after.

I would first determine whether in your environment you should be running agentless or multiplatform. See this article, describes it really well: http://virtualcloudzz.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/mcafee-move-agentless-vs-multi-platform.html

After that is determined, I would read through the product guide for which option you choose as both require different setups. We are using the multiplatform setup to handle all of our Citrix VDI sessions, works great after proper exclusions are set for the environment.

We have chosen MOVE Agentless as I stated above. We are purely a VMware shop so its the most logical solution.

McAfee Employee rajinp
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

Re: Migrating to McAfee MOVE

If you going towards VMware solution and you already have VSE on the box i would suggest the following approach.

- Setup vShield endpoint/vShield manager.

- Install endpoints on host.

- Install vsepflt driver on client systems.

- Deploy SVA.

- Uninstall VSE and MA from clients systems.

With this approach the downtime on the protection would be NULL. You would see little slowness till you uninstall VSE as there will be 2 filter driver sitting on the same system and trying to access the file.

Let me know your thoughts.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community