cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee MOVE SVM OVF Upload - Invalid File

When uploading the SVM OVF package for McAfee MOVE MP we get the error "invalid file" Following these steps Before you begin Make sure that you have installed the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus extension on the McAfee ePO server. Important: For a successful check-in, do not change the file name of the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM package. Task 1. Log on to McAfee ePO as an administrator. 2. Select Menu → Automation → MOVE AntiVirus Deployment. 3. On the Configuration tab under Agentless, click SVM Repository to open the SVM OVF Details page with these McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM OVF options: Options Description SVM OVF Name Name of the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM package checked in to McAfee ePO. SVM OVF Version Version of the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM package checked in to McAfee ePO. SVM OVF Use Count Specifies the number of hypervisors that are using this McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM. Action ◦ Delete — To remove an existing McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM when it is not registered with any NSX Manager. 16 McAfee MOVE AntiVirus 4.8.0 Installation Guide 4. Click Actions → Add SVM to open the Check-in SVM OVF (zip) file page. 5. From Select SVM (zip) file to check-in under SVM OVF Repository Details, browse to and select the McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM package, then click OK. This action checks in the package to McAfee ePO. You can check in up to three versions of McAfee MOVE AntiVirus SVM starting from 4.0.0 File name is: MOVE-AV-MP_SVM_Manager_OVF_4.8.1.136 When uploading the Agentless OVF it works fine.
5 Replies
jsam
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: McAfee MOVE SVM OVF Upload - Invalid File

Comment, the query states "When uploading the SVM OVF package for McAfee MOVE MP we get the error "invalid file" , but then say "3. On the Configuration tab under Agentless, click SVM Repository to open the SVM OVF" + "File name is: MOVE-AV-MP_SVM_Manager_OVF_4.8.1.136 When uploading the Agentless OVF it works fine."

Response = The supplied OVF for MOVE AGL SVM is for a completely different solution to MOVE MP SVM-MGR, please use the appropriate section in the ePO MOVE AV Deployment Configuration panel.

Examples

MOVE AGL SVM = MOVE-AV-AL_SVM_OVF_4.8.0.168.zip
MOVE MP SVM-MGR = MOVE-AV-MP_SVM_Manager_OVF_4.8.0.186.zip

So first copy the SVM-MGR .zip file to say c:\temp\ on the ePO . Do not rename it or extract it.
Under ePO MOVE AV Deployment, Multi-Platform, select option SVM Manager Configuration, actions, add SVM Manager. Select choose file, navigate to c:\temp\ and click on the .zip.
Specify the location of the ePO where you want to store the extracted files 

You should now see it reporting uploading and a % figure in the bottom left. Once it has completed, you should see the new OVF listed in the OVF repository and listed .against the "checked in OVF" pick list in the Deployment Configuration panel.

joshaci
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

There is no Agentless ovf for 4.8.1.

I ran into this same issue - looked under the product downloads and I see an agentless ovf for version 4.8.0 and for version 4.9.0 but under the 4.8.1 section the only ovf that is available is for the MP (Multi Platform) edition. Where is the 4.8.1 ovf download for MOVE AV Agentless? The filename should be "MOVE-AV-AL_SVM_Manager_OVF_4.8.1.136.zip".

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

I think we are mixing the names here.

Just to clarify which product are you implementing? is it Multiplatform or Agentless? 

joshaci
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

We have the Agentless product and currently have version 4.8.0 deployed. I'd like to upgrade our SVAs to 4.8.1 but there is no download for an Agentless version 4.8.1. There is a download for the Multiplatform version 4.8.1 but that one (correctly) shows as an invalid file when attempting to upload it to the Agentless repository.

aguevara
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

I see, you shouldn't mix both as they are completely different products hence the checking of Multiplatform will fail on the agentless repository.

I do not think we have issued an OVA for Move 4.8.1as it is the same for 4.8.0, I am doublechecking this and will inform you

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community