cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee MOVE License Information

Hi Guys,

What is difference between McAfee MOVE Agentless, MOVE for Virtual Desktops and MOVE for Virtual Servers. Does agentless work with vShield and Virtual Desktops and Virtual Servers are installed on the machines similar to VirusScan Enterprise?

Also what are the license differences between McAfee MOVE agentless, MOVE for Virtual Desktops and MOVE for Virtual Servers.

Cheers

5 Replies

Re: McAfee MOVE License Information

There are some differences in licensing.

McAfee MOVE AV for virtual desktops includes Host Intrusion Prevention and Siteadvisor

McAfee MOVE AV for virtual servers includes MOVE Scheduler

Also licensing cost are different.

Hi, thanks for the reply. What about Agentless version does it just protect VMs at hypervisor level? Is it similar to VirusScan enterprise but just the agentless instead of VirusScan software?

Cheers

Hi,

The agentless version uses vShield as virusprotection. That is: every hypervisor has a Linux applicance. vShield on the VM's redirects the scan request to this appliance. The Linux applicance (on every EXS) scans with VSE for Linux.

The VM's have no McAfee software installed.

Thanks for the update. Do I need to install ePO agent on the VMs in case I need to know to configure viruses/threats are detected using  McAfee MOVE agentless or if I need to generate threat detection reports etc

Cheers

No - it's agentless, ie, you dont' have to install anything on the VM.