cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee MOVE Agentless ePO Agent

Hi Guys,

I'm in process of evaluating McaFee MOVE Agentless in my VMware environment including servers and (Horizon View)VDI. I've a few queries regarding deployment....

Do I need to deploy ePO agent on all servers as well as VDI so that ePO can provide details regarding threat detection etc?

If I click VM (where I installed vShield Thin driver), and then vShield tab, it shows VM as unprotected but EICAR file is tested successfully. I've also tried to unregister and register SVA again but it still showed unprtected. Is it some bug is MOVE 3.5?

Regards,

MQ

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee MOVE Agentless ePO Agent

Can someone please help? Cheers

Hi Mobin,

If you are going for MOVE agentless there is no need for agent and other AV endpoints on Servers and VDI's.

In vShield Console you may see VM as a unprotected but this common behaviour with vshield manager. your systems are protected as long as the vshield driver installed.

Thanks

Pankaj BM

Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

pankajbm is right, vhield manager is a little bit tricky. 🙂

If you have purchased a move agentless license it is useful to install the "Data center connector for vShield".

After installing the extension you can register you vCenter with EPO to see the real protection status.

Cheers

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community