Has anyone had any success installing the MOVE SVM on Windows 2016? I have tried installing MOVE 4.6 and 4.8 (both say they are supported), but neither completes the installation process. Wondering if anyone has had any success.
The installation runs through until the starting services portion, and errors out saying that I don't have permission to start the services. I ran the executable via 'Run as Administrator', but still fails.
There's not a lot in the error logs, only the following.
U.6116.6112: Mar 08 2019:13:45:42.203: ERROR: svc_init.c : 453: Failed to init EVT lib: err -1 (0xffffffff): OS defined error code
U.6116.6112: Mar 08 2019:13:45:42.203: ERROR: svc_init.c : 179: Failed in init of module evt. err = -1 (0xffffffff) OS defined error code
Wondering if anyone has had any success with this. Thanks
I've seen it be successful on a number of customers so there isn't a general issue.
It sounds like you are running the installer locally - is there a reason for that? Which version of MA and ENS do you have installed on the server?
When you run "winver" as a command on the system, which version output does it give you?
Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
@chealey, thanks for the response. I'm running the installer locally for convenience. I have to go to a lab to access the ePO console. I have tried running it from the ePO console as well, and had the same issue.
Bit more information. I'm building 2 new MOVE SVMs on Windows 2016. I'm using Agent 5.6, ENS 10.6.1 and MOVE 4.8 (latest of everything). On the first server, the initial attempted install failed with the same behavior. I re-built it using Agent 5.5.1, and that worked, but I think that that is a red herring. I upgraded the agent on that server to 5.6 and everything is fine.
On the second server, I have tried too many different combinations to count, and nothing seems to work.
Thank you for the tip regarding winver! The first box (the one that eventually worked), is running Server 2016 1607 build 14393.2791. The second box (one that doesn't work), is running Server 2016 build 14393.2551. I didn't build the boxes, they were provided to us, but it appears that they came from a different build template. I'll go back to our server team and have them check that.
Difference in Windows build versions turned into a red herring. Once the box was patched, we ended up with the same issue. I'm told that the two boxes are built from the same template, but MOVE server installed on one, and refuses to on the second.
If anyone is following this in the future, I'm abandoning the deployment on 2k16, and reverting to 2k12.
For the record, this was Windows 2016 Version 1607 (Build 14393.2791).