Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aji
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

#MOVE SVM and MOVE Client deployment

Jump to solution

Currently, I already applied the MOVE 4.8 to extension and Master Repository, I install MOVE SVM on Win Server 2019 and MOVE Client on client server. But, the deployment fom ePO is failed for MOVE SVM

Status
▼My Organization > MOVE AV > MOVE SVMs > PEPC20102-P232                                     Failed

Sent Run Now task "McAfee Agent > Product Deployment" to "PEPC20102-P232"
Run now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment received.
Run now task started.
Run now task McAfee Agent > Product Deployment failed.<br/>Details: Product "MOVEOSS_2600" installation failed, reason "Unknown error"..
Task Completed

The reason "Unknown error" is difficult to define the problem. Do you have any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Re: #MOVE SVM and MOVE Client deployment

Jump to solution

Hi @Aji,

Thank you for your response.

>> 1. ENS included  Endpoint Security Threat Prevention,  Endpoint Security Firewall,  Endpoint Security Web Control,  Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP). am I correct?

On the SVM we would recommend installing only the ENS Threat Prevention

>> 2. I have already successfully installed ENS and MOVE SVM on the server and MOVE client on client server. However, on client server, only detect malware initiatively. What if I want to scan malware manually at client server? how can I do?

You do not have any option to perform a right click scan for the MOVE client machines, you can initiate a "Targetted ODS" to perform a targetted scan on the machine.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
AJ

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Aji ,

Good day to you!

Could you please try to schedule the deployment task instead of using the "Run client task now" option?

1. Select the machine from the System Tree

2. Click on Actions --> Agent --> Edit Tasks on Single Systems.

3. Click on "New client task assignment"

4. Select "McAfee Agent" from the Product list

5. Select the Task type as "Product Deployment"

6. Click on "Create new task"

7. Select the MOVE client package and save the task

8. Under the "Schedule Type" select "Run immediately"

9. Save the task and perform a wake up agent call

If you still have issues with the deployment, please gather the MER logs from the machine and open a service request with the support team for further investigation.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

AJ

Aji
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

After install Virusscan Enterprise 8.8.0.2232 successfully, then I install MOV SVM 4.8.0.186 , but it's failed

I have already install MOV client on client server.

Can I install ES platform + ES ATP + ES Threat Prevention + ES firewall insteads of Virusscan Enterprise? if yes how it can be scaned at client server?

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Aji,

The McAfee MOVE supports ENS starting from version 4.7.

Hence, we suggest you remove VSE, reboot the machine, install ENS, and then install the MOVE SVM package.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/move-antivirus-4.7.0-installation-guide-epolicy-orchestrator/page/GUI...

Thanks,

AJ

Aji
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @AjaySundar 

1. ENS included  Endpoint Security Threat Prevention,  Endpoint Security Firewall,  Endpoint Security Web Control,  Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP). am I correct?

2. I have already successfully installed ENS and MOVE SVM on the server and MOVE client on client server. However, on client server, only detect malware initiatively. What if I want to scan malware manually at client server? how can I do?

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Aji,

>> 1. ENS included  Endpoint Security Threat Prevention,  Endpoint Security Firewall,  Endpoint Security Web Control,  Endpoint Security Adaptive Threat Protection (ATP). am I correct?

On the SVM we would recommend installing only the ENS Threat Prevention

>> 2. I have already successfully installed ENS and MOVE SVM on the server and MOVE client on client server. However, on client server, only detect malware initiatively. What if I want to scan malware manually at client server? how can I do?

You do not have any option to perform a right click scan for the MOVE client machines, you can initiate a "Targetted ODS" to perform a targetted scan on the machine.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
AJ

View solution in original post

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community