Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
McDuff
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 21

Re: MOVE Multiplatform 2.6.2.265 Client with MOVE 3.6.1 Extensions

Yes exactly, the 3.6 policy specifically mentions 2.6.  I can't remember why I originally opened this post asking about backwards compatibility, but I imagine that it was documented somewhere that the new extensions weren't compatible with the old product, but I can confirm that up to recently we were using the 2.6 product with the new extensions and it was fine.

The incompatibility statement makes no sense, because if the new extensions were not compatible with the old product how would you upgrade existing clients - as soon as you checked in the updated extension all of your existing clients all of a sudden wouldn't be managed?  If this were the case there would have been a completely new extension set for 3.6, allowing both the 3.6 and 2.6 extensions to be checked in at the same time, which is not the case.  If you look at the MOVE guide https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/26000/PD26120/en_US/...  chapter 3 they talk about the process to upgrade MOVE 2.6 clients to 3.6:  1) Extensions 2) Offload servers 3) Clients.  I guess McAfee is saying ideally these steps should all be done in quick succession but in the real world it's not always possible.  Good luck!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community