Did you mean: 
NCC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

MOVE Agentless sync fails, "dc code is already running"

Hi guys,

our MOVE sync task keeps failing and the server task log shows us this info:

"Failed: Syn Operation complete, Account Name : BLA.bla.net, Sync Status : Failure, Reason : java.lang.RuntimeException: dc code is already running"

The task is running for about 13 seconds before it quits like this.

When I look into orion.log on the ePO server, I can see these entries (ignore the time stamp, I just picked random entries):

2016-04-16 19:12:32,485 ERROR [core-CommandInvoker-thread-10] fullDiscovery.PersistenceService  - VCenter account - BLA.bla.net ; ePO leaf node creation for Host/VM - 210 nodes are failed to add to BLA-DC-BLA-CLUSTER1. DB Rollback is excuted

com.mcafee.epo.core.EPOMultiTenantException: The computer w/node ID=171025 does not belong to the user context in the connection

followed by some "at" entries, then:

2016-04-16 19:12:32,501 ERROR [core-CommandInvoker-thread-10] scheduler.FullSyncSchedulerCommand  - java.lang.RuntimeException:  dc code is already running

com.mcafee.scor.exception.ScorException: java.lang.RuntimeException:  dc code is already running

No other MOVE related task is running at the time and the sync task itself runs every 15 minutes.

When this occurs, it does so for a couple of days, 2 or 3 at a time, then the task begins running normally again, without any changes to the system.

Any ideas? I don't know what's going on, as no credentials have been changed in the Datacenter Connector to explain the user context entries.

6 Replies
NCC
Level 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: MOVE Agentless sync fails, "dc code is already running"

Noone?

NCC
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Well, I see we have many experts here.

I have a very similar issue to this when I set up a test environment for my previous company back in April.  I'm due to start another project on Move very shortly so will let you know.  The error code was almost the same however im sure that the frequency was every 5 minutes for the environment i had it on.

Regards

Iain

Hi,

according to the error "DB Rollback is excuted

com.mcafee.epo.core.EPOMultiTenantException: The computer w/node ID=171025 does not belong to the user context in the connection" there is a problem with the database entry with ID 171025. AFAIK only ePO Cloud has MultiTenant capabilities, so I think you should definitely open a SR with McAfee.

Which ePO, DC and MOVE versions do you use?

Regards,

Frank

NCC
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

Ahm... ePO 5.3.1 and MOVE... I can't recall, to be honest. 3.6.x? I moved on to different projects in the meantime and can't access the ePO from here.

This looks like a known issue, and Intel is working on a resolution. 

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87111&actp=null&viewlocale=en_US&showDraft=f...