cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blewis
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

MOVE 4.6 MP - How does MOVE secure files to be scanned in transit and on the SVM server?

Jump to solution

I am filling out a risk assessment, and some of the questions involve how MOVE 4.6 MP secures files as they are transmitted from the client system to the SVM scanning server, and how are they secured once on the SVM scanning server.  I haven't been able to find out this information.

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: MOVE 4.6 MP - How does MOVE secure files to be scanned in transit and on the SVM server?

Jump to solution

MOVE Multiplatform uses the Winsock API to establish a direct connection from the Client system to the SVM, over port 9053 (default).

I won't profress to be a networking expert, and I haven't located anything in my light reading about Winsock to indicate that the connection is secured, but I could be missing it.  Here is a link to more about Winsock if it might be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/winsock/windows-sockets-start-page-2

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

1 Reply
Highlighted
McAfee Employee akatt
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: MOVE 4.6 MP - How does MOVE secure files to be scanned in transit and on the SVM server?

Jump to solution

MOVE Multiplatform uses the Winsock API to establish a direct connection from the Client system to the SVM, over port 9053 (default).

I won't profress to be a networking expert, and I haven't located anything in my light reading about Winsock to indicate that the connection is secured, but I could be missing it.  Here is a link to more about Winsock if it might be helpful.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/winsock/windows-sockets-start-page-2

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.