Are there some resources available on how McAfee Move is licensed?
as an additional piece of information
do I need to license the VDI Hypervisor with McAfee Move AV for virtual servers as well as the virtual desktops product?
(Licensed per Hypervisor as I understand)
(as well as McAfee Move AV for Virtual Desktops Licensed per Node
I take it a Node is a Virtual desktop in this instance?
SeanMessage was edited by: seanhsmith on 16/10/12 19:49:14 CDT
There are two different commercial offering with two different licensing modes:
- MOVE for virtual desktops - licensed per virtual node (virtual machine)
- MOVE for virtual servers - licensed per hypervisor (physical server)
I'll give you some examples:
- 1 Physical server, 50 virtual desktops : You'll need 50 MOVE for virtual desktop licenses
- 1 Physical server, 50 virtual servers: You'll need 1 MOVE for virtual servers
- 1 Physical server, 30 virtual desktops, 20 virtual servers: 30 MOVE for virtual desktop licenses, 1 for virtual servers