cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with OSS freezes and causes client machines to freeze up as well.

We currently have 16 OSS servers that are load balanced by the SVM Manager to allocate across all the servers in our estate running MOVE 4.8. Occasionally one of the OSS servers 'freezes' and will not scan files coming in from Clients devices. The biggest issue is if the client device is one of the Citrix Profile servers, as this means that 100's of users cannot logon. The only way at present to resolve the issue is to reboot the OSS server involved. What we could do with is a method of monitoring the OSS to ensure it is functioning but i cannot come up with a reliable way of monitoring the process. The server seems to functioning correctly if you log onto when it has frozen. What do other use to ensure the OSS is functioning correctly?
3 Replies
hnegishi
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Issue with OSS freezes and causes client machines to freeze up as well.

Hi @nicksullivan 

Thank you for reaching out the community.

If you are using 4.8.0,please apply 4.8.1 because there are some unresponsive issue on 4.8.0.

For more details, please find following release notes.

https://docs.mcafee.com/ja-JP/bundle/move-antivirus-v4-8-x-481rn-release-notes/resource/move-antivir...

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Hi @hnegishi  we are actually using 4.8.1.136.  Thanks

rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

Out of 16 OSS, as per your update there are few causing the issues.

So, i suspect the load reached to bottle neck to those OSS servers, where causing these issues.

Moreover, in move there is a concept as..... last connected SVA, so the clients which are connected last MOVE OSS server, so it will connects to those and will try to fall back, only when it is not able to connect the existing one.

In this concept, take an example you have 16 OSS< and one of those always will show 250 active client connections, even though other OSS servers, still not grown more than 100.

By this the load increase will impact, for this... we can disable the last connected OSS option via sva manager through the command, but this would be done only by the service portal case opened with McAfee.

But again, still I'm assuming that is the issue, until it confirmed this is causing... we cant conclude the change mentioned above will resolve.

Go to  default queries and reports & search with these 3 queries, you will come to know the load and more info from all these 3 queries to validate by self and see why those many clients reporting to only this SVA.

The query names as below.

MOVE Antivirus SVM Load: Number of Connected Endpoints
MOVE AntiVirus: Clients Connected With a given SVM
MOVE AntiVirus: Clients connected with a given SVM and SVM Manager

Additionally, you have to check the client load is selected as "moderate" which is default setting as per the image attached and also go through KB88997, for more information for the same.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Raghavendra GC - [RGC]
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community