cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue attempting to deploy MOVE SVM to servers

I am currently upgrading our MOVE AV to the latest 4.9 - this requires the SVM offload servers to be updated as well.

I cannot push out the new version (to existing servers, or new ones) - and if I try and manually install from the package zip file, it returns the unhelpful "Error 2732.Directory Manager not initialized"

has anyone any suggestions?

other than dump McAfee and go with some other product (we are very close to doing so)

7 Replies
AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 8

Re: Issue attempting to deploy MOVE SVM to servers

Hi @DerekSouter,

Good day to you!

Could you please provide us with the installation logs from the C:\Windows folder to check this further.

We would recommend using the McAfee EPR tool to remove all the installed product on the machine and then reboot it, once done you can attempt the installation of the McAfee ENS and then the McAfee MOVE.

Regards,

AJ

thanks, that pointed me in the right direction and I have cleared that initial error

but now I get an error that the service failed to start at the end of the installation

if I try to start the MOVE AV server service manually, it reports that it was unable to find the file specified

I have attached the install log from a server that was setup clean - Endpoint installed and then attempted to push SVM (failed) - then attempted to manually install SVM - rebooting after each install.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 8

Can you please let us know if the installation was done from ePo or locally1?

MSI (s) (D0:E8) [11:34:30:337]: Product: MOVE AV 4.9.0 [ Multi-Platform ] SVM -- Error 1920.Service MOVE AV Server (mvserver) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

Are you sure you want to cancel?
Action ended 11:34:31: InstallFinalize. Return value 3.

We might need process monitor and AMTrace logs collected to check this further. Please open a service request with the McAfee Support Team

I have attempted to push from ePO - it eventually times out and fails

I have also tried manually installing - it hangs at starting services, and then fails (and if I try to manually start the service, it returns an error that the file was not found)

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 8

@DerekSouter, Could you please try the workaround suggested in the article below and let us know the feedback?

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB93342&locale=en_US

I had already tried that - it simply returned the same error (file not found)

strangely though - when I came in this morning, all servers have installed MOVE SVM 4.9.

granted none of them are showing as having SVM installed in the ePO console - but the servers themselves show SVM installed, and the service running.

AjaySundar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 8

@DerekSouter As suggested, we request you to open a service request to investigate further. Please gather the MER logs from the impacted machine and attach them to the service request for us to review further.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community