cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Implement MOVE

Jump to solution

I need to implemente McAfee MOVE for 30 virtual servers, i am confused about the way to do it, 

What is the best way ?? i already read de PG, IG and other materials

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee patrakshar
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 10 of 34

Re: Implement MOVE

Jump to solution

Yes. For MOVE to work you will need one SVM at least. For 25 client machines one SVM is sufficient. However it is always suggested that you create one primary and one secondary SVM. So that in case primary OSS goes down the clients can send scan calls to secondary SVM.

View solution in original post

33 Replies
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 34

Jump to solution

Hi @jrojas14 

Are you deploying MOVE Multiplatform or Agentless? 

Jump to solution

that is the main problem, i am not sure about that what is the best way, what are the diferent, what is better for this kind of scenarios. 

I was thinking to ideploy Multiplatform.

McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 34

Jump to solution

Both uses different technologies. You can use MOVE-Agentless only if there if you have Vcenter and NSX licensing from Vmware. 

Multi platform can be used on various environment and not specific dependent. You can see https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB74865 for all supported environment. 

Which technology is good for your environment cannot be confirmed on this forum as that need your environment analysis. You will need to talk to your Sales Rep from whom you got the recommendation of MOVE as they will have idea of the complete environment..

Jump to solution

i was think to do it in this way 

move_m.JPG

McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 34

Jump to solution

Hello @jrojas14 

that is the correct way to deploy MOVE Multiplatform. You can  proceed to follow those steps.

Jump to solution

but if i follow this steps, i dont need to install endpoint security on each virtual machine ??

and i need to install McAfee Move antivirus svm (STEP 3) on each virtual machine ?? and i can install it on linux server ?

McAfee Employee
Message 8 of 34

Jump to solution

You will need to install ENS on SVM machines and then install the SVM package. Once SVm's are ready you will need to install the MOVE Client on the client VM machines. 

Post that you will create a policy for the VM machines to connect to the SVM machines for any scan calls. 

Jump to solution

Ok, so i need to install and configure ENS on SVM just once ?? i mean i just need to create 1 SVM, and then install the MOVE Client on the 25 client VM machines that i need to deploy ?

McAfee Employee
Message 10 of 34

Jump to solution

Yes. For MOVE to work you will need one SVM at least. For 25 client machines one SVM is sufficient. However it is always suggested that you create one primary and one secondary SVM. So that in case primary OSS goes down the clients can send scan calls to secondary SVM.

View solution in original post

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community