Did you mean: 
Highlighted
norsedakotan
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

How to see clients connected to an SVM

Jump to solution

We have completed our upgrade to MOVE 4.8 using Endpoint and I have 2 old SVMs that need to be retired. But before I do, I want to ensure that no clients are still connecting to them.

I believe we've updated all the virtual machines to point to the new SVM policy, but just in case we missed something, how can I see if there are still clients making a connection to the old SVMs?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: How to see clients connected to an SVM

Jump to solution

Any connections would be written down in the mvserver.log so you could take a look there. Otherwise I'd maybe use a network trace tool?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

@norsedakotan On the Scan Servers themselves you can run "mvadm stats" to view the heartbeats. You can send a wake-up call to all clients and SVMs and then run the query for "MOVE AntiVirus: Clients Connected With a given SVM" and confirm based on IP for those SVMs what clients are connected to which SVMs.

It is possible that the one heartbeat could be the SVM-Manager and there are not actually any clients connected. I think this is more likely the case.

Was my reply helpful?

If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?

5 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

You can run the command mvadm stats on the svm manager. it will show you heartbeats of clients which  are still connected, if any.

Was my reply helpful?
norsedakotan
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply. I've actually done that and both show 1 heart beat.

How can I track that back to the client?

McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Any connections would be written down in the mvserver.log so you could take a look there. Otherwise I'd maybe use a network trace tool?

Was my reply helpful?
McAfee Employee jess_arman
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

@norsedakotan On the Scan Servers themselves you can run "mvadm stats" to view the heartbeats. You can send a wake-up call to all clients and SVMs and then run the query for "MOVE AntiVirus: Clients Connected With a given SVM" and confirm based on IP for those SVMs what clients are connected to which SVMs.

It is possible that the one heartbeat could be the SVM-Manager and there are not actually any clients connected. I think this is more likely the case.

Was my reply helpful?

norsedakotan
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

We don't run an SVM Manager, but I was able to trace back the one machine connecting via the IP in the log file. Unfortunately something is wrong with the MOVE reports and every time I try to run them I get an unexpected error. That's one of the reasons I was looking for another way to do this. Thanks for all the help.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.