cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Does TIE Integration Decrease On Access Scan Time?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

We're mid-upgrade from MOVE 4.5 to 4.8 & are seeing loads of scans getting deferred which is causing us problems that we don't see when using a 4.5 client (even if its scanning against a 4.8 server!).

We're against adding more exclusions which may solve the problem & we don't want to reduce to scanning only write ops.

Will deployment of TIE & integration with MOVE speed up the scan times?  Does anyone have real-life experience or benchmarks to back it up?

Cheers in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Re: Does TIE Integration Decrease On Access Scan Time?

Jump to solution

TIE should not be adding overhead or causing time out. What I am suspecting you are facing issue mentioned in below document 

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28460/en_US/...

Deferred scanning logic will get in place when the within 45 Sec OAS could not finish the scanning. That is independent of TIE. 

Just to verify, if you disable TIE reputation check, are you seeing that deferred scanning error going away?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Jump to solution
I haven't noticed deferred scans due to TIE/ATD, but it does seem to add some minor extra overhead. We did note that the introduction of TIE clashed with some particular legacy apps. A support case wasn't able to resolve that, so in the end we were forced to exclude them from using TIE. We've found that the upgrade from 4.6 w/ VSE to 4.8 w/ ENS has the SVMs getting stuck at 55-60% CPU after about an hour. It seems to me that it loops and/or times out on files for some reason.
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks, @markpryor .

I was hoping that while file scans of well-known files (i.e. Microsoft updates) were going through the 45 second + deferral time that TIE might have been able to check for that hash online at Mcafee within 10 seconds & allow the file.

Perhaps my understanding of TIE isn't correct but either way it sounds like it won't be helpful...

I'd still be interested to see some benchmark tests of MOVE 4.8 w/ENS & TIE versus MOVE 4.8 w/ENS only.

patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

TIE should not be adding overhead or causing time out. What I am suspecting you are facing issue mentioned in below document 

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28460/en_US/...

Deferred scanning logic will get in place when the within 45 Sec OAS could not finish the scanning. That is independent of TIE. 

Just to verify, if you disable TIE reputation check, are you seeing that deferred scanning error going away?

View solution in original post

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

@patrakshar, I just went looking for that hotfix on Mcafee's knowledge center & the link seems to point to a different PDF than the one in your post.  You might want to tell your website admins.

patrakshar
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for pointing it out. It will be taken care soon.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community