Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sansss
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Disabling McAfee MOVE on client machines

Good day to all.

Is configuring "mvadm disable" the only valid way to disable MOVE in a client? Can't this be done through ePO? This is because it would be time consuming to RDP into each VM just to disable the agent.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: Disabling McAfee MOVE on client machines

Hi @sansss

You can absolutley achieve this via ePO - if not, ePO would be rather redundant :-)

If you navigate within ePO to your MOVE AV > On Access Scan policy you can disable On-Access Scanning > this would essentially be the same as mvadm disable

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
sansss
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Hello Chealey,
Thank you for your quick response.

I have tried that first thing but it's not reflecting, it's still showing the status as enabled
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

If you run mvadm status you still see protection enabled?

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
sansss
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Yes
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

That sounds like your policies aren't being taken by the endpoint then. You may need to look at your McAfee Agent and check it's communicating fine. It sounds like your policy isn't reaching the client.

You could potentially also try assigning a new policy to the system, potentially it or a related policy is corrupted.

In general, by changing the mentioned OAS policy, you should see protection disabled under mvadm status 

Was my reply helpful?
Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.