Highlighted
nov1ce
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Can SVM 4.8 serve 4.6 clients?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Several SVMs serving multiple VMs -- all multiplatform running MOVE 4.6.

I'm planning to upgrade everything to 4.8, and would like to start with SVMs. If I upgrade SVMs first to 4.8 will they be able to protect clients running 4.6 (which I plan to upgrade too, but that might take longer)?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can SVM 4.8 serve 4.6 clients?

Jump to solution

Hi @nov1ce 

To upgrade McAfee MOVE AntiVirus (Multi-Platform), install and upgrade these components in this order:
1 Product extension
2 SVM Manager
3 SVM
4 McAfee MOVE AntiVirus client

FYI - this is taken from the installation guide: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28019/en_US/...

Your systems remain protected during the upgrade if you follow this order. Whilst it will work with an updated SVM and the older version running on the clients, it is be advisable to perform all steps within a reasonable time frame to avoid any unexpected issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
1 Reply
McAfee Employee chealey
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can SVM 4.8 serve 4.6 clients?

Jump to solution

Hi @nov1ce 

To upgrade McAfee MOVE AntiVirus (Multi-Platform), install and upgrade these components in this order:
1 Product extension
2 SVM Manager
3 SVM
4 McAfee MOVE AntiVirus client

FYI - this is taken from the installation guide: https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/28000/PD28019/en_US/...

Your systems remain protected during the upgrade if you follow this order. Whilst it will work with an updated SVM and the older version running on the clients, it is be advisable to perform all steps within a reasonable time frame to avoid any unexpected issues.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way, or answered your question, will you please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give kudos as appropriate, so together we can help other members?
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community