Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisQ
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Autoscale SVM host names are not getting changed as expected.

I'm currently running tests with McAfee Move (Multiplatform) to see if it will work for us in our environment, and have come across this issue

Intermittent communication issue observed with SVMs and SVM Manager when Autoscale feature is enable...

All the SVM's are being named the same (all showing SVM-MASTER in ePO) with different IP's, and SVM assignment only works if configured manually.

Manually having to rename SVM's is not going to be practical on the scale we may be going to.
As we are doing this on a trial, it's not covered by our grant number so I'm not sure if I can get support in the usual manor. Can anyone here advise anything?

1 Reply
rgc
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Autoscale SVM host names are not getting changed as expected.

If I understood correctly, you were maintaining the same Hostnames before and after the AUTO scale SVM option enabled,  but only assigned the new IP's to these SVM's.

Enable auto scaling of SVMs — Enabling this option deletes all existing SVMs after the new SVMs are deployed and are ready to protect the client systems. It is also important to note that disabling the Enable auto scaling of SVMs option deletes all ready and standby SVMs, but the running SVMs continue to protect the client systems.

I hoping the hostnames is changed as explained in KB93786, if this is right, then please restart the SVM systems and restart the SVM-manager service and check the status.

If still issue persist, Could you please export the MOVE policy and share the XML file.

Also the hostnames of these SVM's, & also I believe you were trying this with latest SVM manager OVF file: 4.9.0.149 build available in download site right ?

If then issue persist, collect the MOVE SVM manager logs with debug  as article below

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB83779

Raghavendra GC
McAfee Technical Support – APAC
Customer Success Group
www.mcafee.com
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community