cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Anyone here with MOVE 4.5 (non-agentless) installed?

When you hit Check New Policies/Enforce Policies from the client with MOVE 4.5 installed, do you get anything in the logs showing path/processes exclusions?

For example, in 3.6.x, we used to get the following from C:\Program Files (x86)\McAfee\MOVE AV Client\mvagent.log:

U.2656.3820: Feb 21 2017:01:09:30.215:   SYSTEM: eppl_policies.cpp: 2105: sending exp cmd.

U.1052.1928: Feb 21 2017:01:09:30.218:   SYSTEM: cmdi_process.c:  517: Command 'mvadm.exe exp set 3|11|*.bak 3|11|*.edb 3|11|*.evt 3|11|*.evtx 3|11|*.ldf 3|11|*.log' returned 0: No error

U.2656.3820: Feb 21 2017:01:09:30.218:   SYSTEM: eppl_policies.cpp: 2105: sending pp cmd.

U.1052.0600: Feb 21 2017:01:09:30.220:   SYSTEM: cmdi_process.c:  517: Command 'mvadm.exe pp set C:\Windows\ccm\ccmexec.exe C:\Windows\system32\mssdmn.exe' returned 0: No error

Do you still get this info with 4.5?

I updated a couple of servers with 4.5 and have an impression that I don't get any MOVE policies from ePO -- they all report to ePO just fine, dropping eicar works too, same for SVM assignment, but I see no traces of path/processes exclusions in the logs.

Instead, I get:

U.160528.155444: Apr 21 2017:13:53:14.599:   ERROR: mvmsgbus_context.cpp:   29: MvMsgBus - Module: mvmsgbus Message: Failed to get the policy, error <1601>

Thanks.

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Anyone here with MOVE 4.5 (non-agentless) installed?

Were you able to get assistance with this?

Highlighted

We get the same mvmsgbus messages, but I've only just started looking into. I may log a case with McAfee Support, because I see this on many (if not all) of our machines.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 7

Any updated from Mcafee???

Thank you, 

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

For the exclusions list check the registry.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\mvagtdrv\Parameters

PassThruList - File/Folder exclusions.

ProcessPassthru - Process Exclusions.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 7

thanks the exclusions are there ? so are you saying this message below can be ignored. ?

MvMsgBus - Module: mvmsgbus Message: Failed to get the policy, error <1601>

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 7 of 7

Yes. This message can be ignored. With latest version of MOVE we have handled these kind of errors in code. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community