Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nov1ce
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Anyone here updated to v4?

Hi,

Anyone here successfully updated to v4 of MOVE? How painful it is, and is it worth to update from the latest Multi-Platform 3.6.x? Is the integration with vSphere and SVM Manager deployment mandatory?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Troja Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Anyone here updated to v4?

Hi ​,

some customers updated to this version and reported it was easy going. I have not tested move myself but will do the next time, because i want to test the DXL integration.

vShere: do you mean the connector or move agentless??

SVM Manager: Do you know the product? If you want to configure a dynamic assignment from Offload Scanners to your endpoints the SVA Manager makes sense. You can assign multiple Offload Scanners dynamic to your endpoints.

Cheers

nov1ce
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Hi ​,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding vSphere: I mean the connector. We're not using agentless, but rather Multi-Platform with several Offload servers serving VMs in respective subnets. We didn't have any vSphere integration with 3.6, so I believe we can continue with v4 using the same pattern?

I've read about SVM Manager a bit, but since we're relatively small (~300 nodes with 6 offload servers) a dynamic assignment wouldn't be required at this stage.

Thanks!

Highlighted
zahni
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

No, currently, you can't install the extensions without the vsphere extension first.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community