Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nov1ce
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Anyone here updated to v4?

Hi,

Anyone here successfully updated to v4 of MOVE? How painful it is, and is it worth to update from the latest Multi-Platform 3.6.x? Is the integration with vSphere and SVM Manager deployment mandatory?

Thanks!

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Anyone here updated to v4?

Hi ​,

some customers updated to this version and reported it was easy going. I have not tested move myself but will do the next time, because i want to test the DXL integration.

vShere: do you mean the connector or move agentless??

SVM Manager: Do you know the product? If you want to configure a dynamic assignment from Offload Scanners to your endpoints the SVA Manager makes sense. You can assign multiple Offload Scanners dynamic to your endpoints.

Cheers

nov1ce
Level 8
Message 3 of 4

Hi ​,

Thanks for your reply.

Regarding vSphere: I mean the connector. We're not using agentless, but rather Multi-Platform with several Offload servers serving VMs in respective subnets. We didn't have any vSphere integration with 3.6, so I believe we can continue with v4 using the same pattern?

I've read about SVM Manager a bit, but since we're relatively small (~300 nodes with 6 offload servers) a dynamic assignment wouldn't be required at this stage.

Thanks!

zahni
Level 9
Message 4 of 4

No, currently, you can't install the extensions without the vsphere extension first.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community