Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pankajbm
Level 9

Additional security layer for MOVE agentless systems

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

I have been using MOVE Agentless for my Virtual environment both for VDI's(Dedicated and pooled) and virtual infra servers.

And based on my experience with Agentless is not the best solution for Virtual Infrastructure so far- i know my statement can create a big argument with McAfee and its solution, but its not me who just saying this, its often informed me by McAfee security engineers.

My most of the systems getting infected(mostly VDI systems) with trojans and ransomwares- and Agentless is just not capable of dealing with infections like ransomwares.

***I have followed best practices guide for my all deployment but no use as lot of features are unable in the agentless as we have in VSE- e.g- outlook scan,access protection.

So now my question is- do we have any other product which can be used along with Agentless to protect our virtual infrastructure.

Also, i am scared that Nov and Dec is coming when lot of infections and attacks happen.

Any reply or suggestion would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Pankaj BM

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
zahni
Level 9

Re: Additional security layer for MOVE agentless systems

Jump to solution

Sorry for you, but  a  virus scan is only a piece of an security concept.

Virus  scan can only scan for known viruses  .  But most  viruses are unknown, when it  reach your  PC.

Some  things can be  do (only examples):

-  User  a proxy wich blocks all executable files (may be  products from Mcafee  (Web Gateway)

-  Use  a virus scan on your  Exchange wich also blocks all  executable files

- Implement a SRP with application whitelist,  How to create an Application Whitelist Policy in Windows

0 Kudos
4 Replies
zahni
Level 9

Jump to solution

Sorry for you, but  a  virus scan is only a piece of an security concept.

Virus  scan can only scan for known viruses  .  But most  viruses are unknown, when it  reach your  PC.

Some  things can be  do (only examples):

-  User  a proxy wich blocks all executable files (may be  products from Mcafee  (Web Gateway)

-  Use  a virus scan on your  Exchange wich also blocks all  executable files

- Implement a SRP with application whitelist,  How to create an Application Whitelist Policy in Windows

0 Kudos
pankajbm
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for your suggestion. I will consider them to apply however, am just expecting a bulletproof solution for my Virtual Infra- I also agree that hackers are way ahead of any Antivirus companies research team.

thanks again.

0 Kudos
zahni
Level 9

Jump to solution

There is no "bulletproof" solution with an virus scanning engine only.

0 Kudos
pankajbm
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Guys, Does anyone have any suggestion. as my Infra is keep getting infected with Ransomware- its again VDI infra.

There is an attack happened today also most of files have been infected on the file servers and turned to .Zepto extension.  MOVE agentless seems complete helpless here

Regards

Pankaj

0 Kudos