cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

malware attack not detected

Random malware website grabs control over EDGE brrowser, displays a nonsense textbox with a prompt 

to enter credentials. Any subsequent scans by McAfee LiveSafe do not reveal anything. Is this malware blowing by McAfee and Win10 defender at the same time ? Are the two working together ?

3 Replies
Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: malware attack not detected

@milanandsue

Hope you don't have this issue any longer. If you still do, Are you seeing this issue on a work network?

If not please try using McAfee GetSusp and McAfee Stinger:

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/free-tools/getsusp.html

https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-in/downloads/free-tools/stinger.html

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Virus warning took control of screen.  Task manager only way to cancel Edge and regain control of PC.  Called the number listed in warning (supposedly Microsoft) 877-384-3103 and was ansered by male with strong accent.  Did not say Microsoft Support.  Background noise sounded like call center.  I said "I called wrong number" and hung up.  Severl minutes later I received a call from 845-478-9835 and person with strong accent said "I called their number, they were computer support"... I said I dialed wrong number and hung up.  Googled the number and the concern over this pops up.  Ran both of your links and nothing detected.  Need help to stop whatever it is from opening this warning in Edge after starting PC.  Is it a virus or worm?

Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

@reininp

I would suggest you contact McAfee Support as the above tools didn't address your issue. Based on your entitlement the support team would run a tool to eliminate these pop-ups. 

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.