cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i exclude Folder?

I installed Livesafe 16 in my mining rig, wanted to exclude complete folder how can i do that ? I Can't find option to do that..

Every time when i was trying to run Mining software it's get deleted..

6 Replies
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

Re: how can i exclude Folder?

Hello @sanjayd

Unfortunately McAfee doesn't have an option to exclude an entire folder. You will have to exclude the files in the folder individually to exclude the contents of the folder.

Regards
Farhan

Highlighted

Our program is updated through the internet with a self-extracting winrar file. Each update changes its name eg: act-aran-2018-01, act-aran-2018-02, act-aran-2018-03. For this reason we need to include an exclusion to the folder. Users are not trained to put an exclusion to a file with each update. Please include the folder exclusions again.

Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 4 of 7

Hello @Victor_Hugo_EC

I do agree that having the entire folder exclusion itself is very convenient. I have made a not of this feedback and will send it over to the right team.

You can also post the suggestion to add the folder exclusion feature in our ideas page, which has more visibility.

Regards
Farhan

I had the same problem with McAfee, you know what did, even though I have a 5 year subscription, i uninstalled this and moved to better one where I have option to take my own decision

Have same issue with installing Windows subsystem for Linux Kali from Microsoft store. McAfee Real-Time scannng deletes files downloaded by the WSL in the C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Packages folder. 

To have a AV product where you can not install packages from the operating system vendor (Microsoft) on your system is just insane! Please fix!

Moderator sanjay
Message 7 of 7

As suggested earlier, this is by design. Your feedback has been noted.

You can also post the suggestion to add the folder exclusion feature in our ideas page, which has more visibility.

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community