Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbych
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

exclusion not working

I have livesafe, and I use a VPN.  I  have added my VPN .exe file to the exclusion list, but the scan keeps deleting the file.  I have to keep re-installing my VPN software, and turning off the scan whilst i do this.  but a few hours later the file is deleted again. How can I add this to the exlusion correctly so it does not delete my VPN software?

10 Replies
Moderator ymdfarhan
Message 2 of 11

Re: exclusion not working

Hi @bobbych

The exe file that you are excluding is it the shortcut from the Desktop or the original exe file from the Program Files folder? Please exclude the exe file that is available in the Program Files folder and also exclude other exe and dll files that you find in the same folder and updae the status.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Farhan

e1thx
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Hello,

i have similar problem. Mcafee is detect my safe *.dll file and i added it to exclusion. After reboot, file has disappeared and he is not in quarantine to recovery. How to solve the problem, so that the program does not delete my file?

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 11

You can see the detection in security history and viruses detected option see if it removed it after the exclusion. This exclusion issue of time I have been told it is a full exclusion other times that if McAfee thinks it is a bad file at time of exclusion it does not exclude it.

I wonder if it went this way ...

File detected, you say a few words and exclude it and as the file is a dll file it is in memory so the file still is discoverable to exclude it and a reboot allowed the original detection to delete it. I have asked a McAfee staff member to let me know how exclude works.

Check the security history in the My Info tab to see if it was deleted  and if necessary submit the file for review and white listing

Submit sample method

Allow 5 days for review. File has to be less than 10Mb zipped. If not scan it on www.virustotal.com and post the link to the scan results here and I will pass it up the line.

e1thx
Level 7
Message 5 of 11

I have to understand that if the program detected a virus before adding it to the list, even though I add it later, he does not care that it made a mistake, I corrected it, and program each time will do what he pleases? Corect me if am wrong.
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 11

That is why I asked my contact to confirm what it is doing. does it still delete the file now after you excluded it and reinstalled the file? If so the explanation will enlighten us but first submit the file the way the link says and you will not have to be worried again we hope..

e1thx
Level 7
Message 7 of 11

Now, im in work. I will check it later, and we waiting for answer from developers. Thanks for Your commitment. I will write later.

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I asked the manager of the McAfee program so he should let me know soon.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 11

He will reply soon when he digs up some more info.

e1thx
Level 7
Message 10 of 11

I checked yesterday, the file is not deleted. I will by observing a bit of the program and will be writing on a regular basis.