cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did my scan stop?

I do a scan once a week but even if I start it at 8 in the morning, it is not finished by 11 when I want to use the computer. There are two incidents from last week I want to ask about.

Usually, if the scan is not complete by 11 I will put it on pause because until I do, everything is going slowly. This past Friday when I did, things were still going slow and even though I had paused the scan, I got a message saying the scan could not continue. I remember trying to correct this and getting a message saying the mcahine was not in a state to perfrom the operation. So what do i do? Move to Alabama and do it? I don't understand.

Later when i tried to resume the scan, i couldsn't find the screen that would let me do it.  I had to restart the scan yesterday, though I didn't shut down the Internet while doing it, and when i came back after not using the computer for five hours, it was on 9 percent and the number of files scanned and  name of the file were not changing. When I went to the Internet, I got a rotating circle and couldn't do anything. I'm wondering what was going on with the computer that would cause any of this to happen.

As of yesterday, I had done most if not all of what was advised to solve the problem of the computer being slow, and at the end of the day on Friday I restarted the computer because of messages about Windows and McAfee updates that required restarting the computer (which was why I couldn't do the scan then). 

After I restarted the computer late yesterday, I started the scan again. The scan was successful and no problems were reported.

4 Replies
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Why did my scan stop?

Hi @vchimpanzee

Please confirm if you are still facing this issue. Also confirm if the latest version of McAfee is installed. If you are still facing the issue and if McAfee is not the latest version, updating McAfee should take care of the problem.

Was my reply helpful? If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Farhan

My next scan is tomorrow and I will see if the problem still exists. 

No problems with my scan last week, so I didn't post.

Moderator sanjay
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

@vchimpanzee

Glad that the scan completed without any problem.

Cheers

Sanjay

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.