cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I reinstall Live Safe successfully? What else do I need to do?

I cannot reinstall Live Safe.

I uninstalled it using the control panel on Windows 10.  Then, I downloaded the program and attempted to install it.  It tells me that I need to reboot the system before I can install it.

I reboot the system and get the same response.  Then, I run the program that starts with an "M" that was suggested if I am having trouble reinstalling.  This program says a complete uninstall was performed, but when I reboot, again I get the same response.

I have rebooted my PC about 10 times and yet the response is the same.  I have run this "M" program about 10 times, too.

What else should I do?

Give up and buy a different program, or what?  PLEASE HELP HELP HELP HELP ME.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Re: Why can't I reinstall Live Safe successfully? What else do I need to do?

try

1. Run our removal tool MCPR to cleanup traces of McAfee - http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

2. Once done Restart the PC (you will see this at the end of MCPR)

3. Run our Pre-Install tool - http://download.mcafee.com/products/mvt/tools/Preinstall/consumer/Pre-Install_To ol.exe

4. If all good visit https//home.mcafee.com and download the installer from your account

5. Run the installer and post back the outcome

No other AV installed or was installed previously that was not removed cleanly by its own removal tool?

0 Kudos

Thank you.  I have followed all of your instructions EXACTLY and the result is the same.  See the screenshot below, please.

No matter how many times I restart my PC, this is the screen I see when I attempt to install McAfee Live Safe.

What should I do next, please?  If you want me to call you for personal help, I would be happy to do that.  You can send me your number by email to me and I will call you.  Thank you.

Jay

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Windows 10 has a feature called Fast Start aka Fast Boot which is on by default.  Its value is questionable on modern machines however and, as it puts the machine into a sleep state rather than allow a proper restart, it should be off to allow the complete removal of software as required here (& with some Windows Updates, a complete installation).

Turn off Fast Start on a machine with a BIOS-based motherboard.

Turn off Fast Start on a machine with a UEFI-based motherboard.

Also check Control Panel - Programs and Features to make sure no older McAfee software is still installed such as McAfee Security Scan, remove it.

Then do the removal process using the latest MCPR in THIS link and reboot once more.

Then try the installation making sure you are logged in as  a user with Administrator status..

0 Kudos

I have followed ALL of your instructions and the result is the same.

Please provide me with a phone number I can call to McAfee to help me directly with this problem.  I do not know what else to do.  Thank you.

Jay

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

That was why I asked support level 2.5 to comment.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

selvan 

Can 1 of you assist here please

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

If still an issue maybe the forum tech can assist

can u comment please

0 Kudos

I have sent you a PM. Please respond to it. Thank you.

Cheers

Sanjay S

0 Kudos

Sanjay, I sent you an email but you did not reply to it.

0 Kudos