Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 41 of 47

Re: W10, annoying Update problem.

Jump to solution

As posted above, it is released but partners may see it later than direct McAfee subscribers.

For instance I have it in 2 out of 3 systems, still waiting in the 3rd one, and that is a suite provided by my ISP.

---

Peter

Highlighted

Jump to solution

My Dell version got updated on 10/31. I'm on 14.0.5120 now and the problems has not happened again.

Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 47

Jump to solution

Good news then, thanks for letting us know.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 44 of 47

Jump to solution

Glad to hear you finally received the new Build   Hopefully all the others will follow suit !

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 45 of 47

Jump to solution

I might add also, we as 'Volunteer Moderators' are as the Title stipulates...."Volunteer"  We on a daily basis do our very best to accommodate each and every Consumer. In a attempt to resolve one's issue/Problem. And in most cases assist and help who-ever to resolve their issues, short of having to contact 'Technical Support'.

What the average Consumer does not realize, is that we also have (Daily) obligations as Moderators to vet every (New) User and prevent 'Spammers' from inundating the Community/Forum to prevent  one being incapable of even accessing the Forum in the first place.

Having said all of this...We try our utmost on a daily basis (Unpaid) to assist every User/Member/Consumer with what-ever the issue may be. Should it be the case, we have no answer to one's issue. We sincerely try to direct one to whom can possibly delve deeper into the problem at hand.

Sincerely,

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
cphite
Level 7
Message 46 of 47

Jump to solution

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but in my case the issue with update appears to occur only when the desktop is locked.  When I unlock there will be a notification that an update is underway, but it won't do anything until I open the application.  Then it'll actually start, find the update if there is one, and perform the update.

I am having a similar problem with scheduled virus scans.  If a scan starts while the desktop is closed, when I unlock the desktop it'll be at 4-5% and paused, and will not continue unless I open LiveSafe.  If I lock the machine again, it'll pause again after a few minutes. 

I am wondering if this has anything to do with Windows 8/10 not allowing applications to run in the background.  I have noticed this behavior with other applications, especially Metro application, where if the application isn't active on the screen it suspends.  For example, if I am uploading music to the cloud via xbox music, it will suspend when the window is minimized.

Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 47

Jump to solution

cphite wrote:

Not sure if this is the same issue or not, but in my case the issue with update appears to occur only when the desktop is locked.  When I unlock there will be a notification that an update is underway, but it won't do anything until I open the application.  Then it'll actually start, find the update if there is one, and perform the update.

I am having a similar problem with scheduled virus scans.  If a scan starts while the desktop is closed, when I unlock the desktop it'll be at 4-5% and paused, and will not continue unless I open LiveSafe.  If I lock the machine again, it'll pause again after a few minutes.

I am wondering if this has anything to do with Windows 8/10 not allowing applications to run in the background.  I have noticed this behavior with other applications, especially Metro application, where if the application isn't active on the screen it suspends.  For example, if I am uploading music to the cloud via xbox music, it will suspend when the window is minimized.

There is a problem with the updater "sticking" in the on mode, the fix is being worked on.

It's just a glitch they're working on.  We Mods have no idea the causes, sorry.