Did you mean: 
cphite
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 31 of 47

Re: W10, annoying Update problem.

Jump to solution

Then we have different issues.

On my machine, when the icon first appears showing an update is in progress, nothing actually happens.  I have confirmed this by looking in resource monitor, wireshark, etc; no download is happening *until* I actually open the LS application.  Then it happens.

Likewise, if a virus scan starts it will stop at around 4% every time and will only continue when the LS application is opened.  Then it runs normally.  If I close the application the scan pauses again. 

This is not simply an "icon issue" - maybe it is in your case, but I am seeing clear evidence that (at least) these two processes are not working properly unless the application is open. 

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 32 of 47

Jump to solution

Please, if not done already, open a case with Technical Support.

It's free by telephone.  Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

If you have a case going and you haven't heard back call them and ask for escalation.

Reliable Contributor catdaddy
Reliable Contributor
Message 33 of 47

Jump to solution

As you can see I addressed you both in the same thread. As the header states' Windows 10 annoying update problem'. Both my Colleagues and myself have been on the front line, answering your questions/addressing your issues the best of our capability.

Although we are Moderators, we our selves in certain instances experience the same issues as you do. Hence we bring it up on Mondays during our Conference Call. Should you go back through the many/various threads you will see this is the case.

I personally have received the MSC v14.0.5084 and have no issues with either the Updates/ Spinning Arrow/Polling for update issues. However as I have stated numerous of times, I am running Windows 7 Sp1 and my Affid:0, meaning that I purchased my subscriptiption from McAfee.

I agree with Colleague Ex_Brit that the few individuals, still experiencing issues to please open a Service Request with Technical Support, as this will expedite your issues.

Regards,

Cd

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, I do understand. All I wanted to point out is that to me (and Cphite) this is not a cosmetic icon issue.

I have NO way to force and update to my 'Dell' version either. The problem, if fixed, still continues for me.

I am TRYING to do a CHAT. Posted as a 2 minute wait and I've been seeing the circling bell for over 15 now. Could be a W10 problem? Trying to run VT via the support page failed. However I could open it up after and it did work? I guess I have to try the phone then?

EDIT: it just updated and tells me 7 questions are ahead of me, I'll wait for the Chat.

Jump to solution

On-line with the Chat. All they want to do is RE-INSTALL LS... not going to help and might even install the main LS version which BSOD'ed on my before.

Now wants to connect... sigh...

Reliable Contributor
Message 36 of 47

Jump to solution

Let them connect, they may surprise you, who knows?

Jump to solution

Well, after being handed off you Level 2 the answer is:

Capture.JPG

He did the 'usual', ran VT, no problems, check some computer settings. Tried FORCING updates twice, did once for signatures, but otherwise nothing else. Then researched more and gave me the answer above. I've got a Service Request #: 1841593955 and I'll be called after Dell releases the fix to ensure it is working.

Reliable Contributor
Message 38 of 47

Jump to solution

That sounds positive at least.

If it's any consolation, my ISP's McAfee suite hasn't got it either.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Message 39 of 47

Jump to solution

That is what we were told or rather partners will start getting the update to Security Centre from this week I suppose different partners start at different times.It will come this month for sure at least.

cphite
Level 7
Message 40 of 47

Jump to solution

Been another month....  any word on this update actually being released?