cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cphite
Level 7

W10, Scan Stops If Machine Locked

After re-installing the app from the McAfee website it appears the automatic updating issue is resolved.  However, the scan issue remains.  If a scan is started - whether by schedule or manual - and the machine is locked (even from the screen saver) the scan gets paused until I actually open the LiveSafe application.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
catdaddy
Level 20

Re: W10, Scan Stops If Machine Locked

I am sorry, I cannot reproduce on my machine? I could possibly bring this up as a 'Topic of Discussion' for this upcoming Conference Call. In certain scenario's one needs to have logs taken from their Machine, to assist in resolving a issue.

Is this something that you would consider acceptable?

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

Best open a case with Technical Support I would think.  It's free after all.

0 Kudos
exbrit
Level 21

OK have given you your own new thread and renamed it for the new issue.

As you've tried reinstalling I think Technical Support definitely is your best bet in this case.

Although I would have thought it logical for a scan to stop if the machine is locked anyway, but it shouldn't if it's only a screensaver.

The scan will pause if there's too much activity elsewhere, unless you have it set not to in settings.

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

My manual full scan continued while the screensaver was active.Went from 19% to 46% in 4 minutes of saver. I agree with Peter call support first line of action if the forum  cannot assist.

Though have you ran MVT the virtual technician. Note the session number and pass that onto support if it does not help.

HERE

0 Kudos