cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vulnerability scanner issues

- Service Request #: 2428976788
- Created Date: 04/04/2018 16:07:24
- Description: vulnerability scanner runs when I have specified "Don't set a scan schedule".
- Environment: Windows 10 64bit version 1903
- Livesafe version 16.0 R20
- VS 8.0.105
This issue was also reported again on 3/6/2019, and 5/24/2019, and 7/27/2019.

Although I have the vulnerability scanner set to "don't set a scan schedule", it still runs. Based on my observation, it runs every time that the vulnerability scanner's software is updated regardless of my settings for that component.

Support doesn't appear to be able to fix this issue since it has been open for over a year. A fix is important to me because of a prior VS issue that caused significant effort and recovery time.

Dave

6 Replies

Re: Vulnerability scanner issues

VS ran again on 08/10/2019. VS settings remain the same - Next scheduled scan = none.

new service request = 2669910114. same old bug

VS ran again today. Not only that, but it has changed my settings of "Don't set a scan schedule" to "use mcafee scan schedule".

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 7

So did mine set that way also. Probably was an update that reset settings. See if still causing an issue and see what the techs say

Yet a new service request number,,,,   2677120617 08/15/2019..... no fix in sight....

Here's my final update on this little adventure. I had a callback with tier2 this morning, but they did not call. So after 17 months of contacts with support over this issue, I have taken action to resolve this by deleting livesafe on all of my devices, and purchasing a competitor's software.  Bye.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community