cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Uninstalling LiveSafe when I forgot to activate it.....

Well, just what the subject line says.  I just bought a new Acer laptop and, since I already have a multi-device Norton license, intended to uninstall McAfee so I didn't activate it.  I followed the normal uninstall procedures but it errored out saying it couldn't complete the uninstall.  It still shows up in my program list but anytime I try to open it, I either get nothing or get a blank window that says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled"

So I go out to get the MCPR tool and it says you must activate McAfee before you can remove it.  But how do I do that?  Do you suppose I should just try to run the MCPR tool anyway?

I'm running Windows 7 home premium, if that matters.

Also, while I typically follow instructions very well, I'm not a computer whiz so please feel free to speak to me as though I'm not very bright. 

Thanks

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Uninstalling LiveSafe when I forgot to activate it.....

Sorry this was overlooked, did you manage to uninstall it?  You just do it in the normal manner via Control Panel > Programs and Features then run the clean-up tool, and reboot.

Highlighted

Re: Uninstalling LiveSafe when I forgot to activate it.....

That's too bad, sorry.  Then I would contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat, phone is best.

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community