cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amererodent
Level 9

Unable to allow connection in Net Guard

Livesafe Net Guard has started blocking a site I regularly visit. I'm trying to edit the ip address in Net Guard to allow the connection, but the editing options described in the online Help page don't seem to be there.

Help page link:

https://smarthelp.mcafee.com/help/mcafee/15.4/ui/total%20protection/en-us/GUID-4E422A4C-F794-456E-9A...

I can get as far as step 3, selecting the ip address and clicking Edit. But when I click Edit I just get an otherwise empty box with a line of text, "Net Guard helps you avoid risky connections", and Apply and Cancel buttons at the bottom. I can't see the "Allow this connection" or "Block this connection" options, or anything else. "Edit" isn't letting me do anything.

Is there any way to allow the connection other than turning off Net Guard entirely? I've queried the site's blocking, but until it's resolved I'd like to be able to go on visiting it.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
amererodent
Level 9

Re: Unable to allow connection in Net Guard

Sorry to bump, but does anybody have anything on this?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Is it netguard or websadvisor doing this. Do u get a popup warning if so post a pic here. If it is webadvisor go to that forum ang look for a post to asking for a trusted source review. Follow the steps there and it should be addressed asap.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

This the link I was after If web advisor you would get a red popup saying maybe Whoops are you sure you want to go there?

0 Kudos
amererodent
Level 9

It's Netguard doing this. If I disable Netguard in Lifesafe Firewall I can visit the site.

The site report in webadvisor says the site is minimal risk. It's just Netguard that insists it's dangerous.

Netguard list's the site's ip address with the Action set to "blocked", and there's an "about this ip address" link just under it, but the link's not working: every time I click it there's an error message popup saying "wrong linkType in setting".

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Can you post the website please and I will test it. Also asking for help.

Have you any thoughts on this mate

0 Kudos
amererodent
Level 9

Much thanks. Here's the website

Beneath Ceaseless Skies

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

I can access it just fine?

Have you attempted to restore the Firewall to the Default setting?

Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
amererodent
Level 9

Sorry to be away so long. The site seemed to have been unblocked, but just now Net Guard is blocking it again. I've had this problem with this site and Net Guard before; seems like there's a recurring issue.

I still can't override the blocking in Net Guard; the "edit" command doesn't actually do anything, as described above.

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Is there a popup ? If so post a pic. Asking as I have no issues connecting to it with netguard enabled.

0 Kudos