Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khoi
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 18

Two problems with the latest version

I am running the latest version of McAfee, security center ver. 16.2 virusscan ver. 20.2 with the LAM engine. WIN10 ver. 1703

I have encountered two boring bugs:

1. Whenever it finds some virus, it will change the default system setting " not show the hidden files" to "show all the files", the next time I start the system, I will see lots of hidden files on my desktop, it is so boring for me to reset it manually each time. pls fix it.

2. The second problem appear occassionally, while I don't know exactly what could trigger it. It looks like after I have finished an on-demand scan, and some time later, a process named "McAfee" will occupy CPU heavily, the cpu usage will be up to 30%-50%, and a process named "system" will occupy disk heavily, the disk usage will be up to 100%. and my laptop's fan will work furiously, estimated battery using time will lower down to 1-2 hours though previously it will be 7-10 hours. And this problem will disappear if I set off the real-time protection of McAfee or restart my system. pls fix it also.

17 Replies

Re: Two problems with the latest version

Ok I have passed this onto  both a tech support guy and the program manager

have you seen this in Support?

khoi
Level 7
Message 3 of 18

Thanks a lot!

I do not see the above though I do not get viruses found  so cannot test that. My CPU stable

What cpu is the laptop running? What virus was found

khoi
Level 7
Message 6 of 18

I am so sorry to reply so late, my cpu version is intel i5-6200u, and I have forgotten what virus was.

Are you still seeing the issues a new version 16.0.6 is out any day see if that is better

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 8 of 18

I cannot reproduce either, however we will observe what the Senior Techs have to say and report back.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

I have the same problem with CPU usage. I thought it was related to a driver problem, but I have found if I turn off Real-Time Scanning the problem doesn't reoccur. It seems to happen periodically for no apparent purpose. It started about 5 days ago. I too can solve it by rebooting, but that is hardly the answer. I am running Windows 10 x64 on a HP Spectre i7.

I need to solve this or I am going to have to change to another A/V.

Thanks

catdaddy
Level 20
Message 10 of 18

We have discussed this on our weekly Conference Call. Hopefully our resident 2.5 Technician/Engineer will reach out to you.

​  Again, could you add to the discussion?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer