Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muck
Level 9

Two LiveSafe installations aren't updating

Jump to solution

Hi.

I have two LiveSafe installs that aren't updating.  I see there is a new DAT out now (2641) but neither of my LiveSafe installs will update to it.  I've tried letting the update run automatically as well as forcing a manual update.  The latter tells me I'm up to date.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
muck
Level 9

Re: Two LiveSafe installations aren't updating

Jump to solution

I have indeed, on both installations.  Wonder what happened to me getting 2641 but all is well.

Thanks to everyone for their help. 

-muck

0 Kudos
13 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

Livesafe, being a Consumer product, doesn't use the daily (Enterprise/Business)  DAT's.   We used to all be the same but consumer now has engine updates which are not downloadable as separate entities.  Also, depending on how many components you have installed, you could see each application updating at different times and not necessarily daily or even weekly.  The antivirus portion should update daily, but you simply should wait and see what happens.  You also must have an always-on internet connection to accomplish this.   Make sure your system clock is accurate as that can throw the software off-kilter.

Basically, as long as the software says it is protecting and showing green, then you are OK and shouldn't worry about it.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

If it is any consolation, after checking my current (Engine Version) I am still on ( 2640.0). There has been instances in the past where the Time/Day may vary when we receive them.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Capture.JPG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mrshvd3
Level 9

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit and Catdaddy are correct -- and I am still on 2640.0 as well. Sometimes it comes in later or the next day.

catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Could you kindly apprise us if your Anti-Virus Engine Version is (2642.0) as well?

Thank You in Advance,

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
0 Kudos
mrshvd3
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi, Catdaddy --

I have received both yesterday's and today's updates, so I'm up to 2642.0 also.

Thank you very much for asking.

0 Kudos
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome   Thank you for the confirmation

All the Best,

-CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

You may be pleased to know that your Anti-Virus Engine Version has indeed occurred as the most current Version for today is ( 2642.0)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
Level 20

Jump to solution

Capture.JPG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer