cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stop Mcafee Ad notifications popping up on Windows 10 Desktop

I am waiting to hear back from anyone concerning this as I have not since my last post.

Reliable Contributor Peacekeeper
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 24

While we await the mod popping in unless I missed it what is the current expiry date on your subscription?

Thanks for getting back to me.  Since I haven't heard back since Weds. I assumed no one was going to help with this.  My subscription expires on 12/3/2019.

Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 24

Note I am only a user like you so only helping from my experience. I know marketing is very pushy trying to sell renewals starting a couple months early but yours started 3 to 4 mths early and popup says it is expired which is wrong. 

I wonder as you have a Dell subscription for McAfee would they help? Worth an ask till Siva returns

I have actually had a couple of dealings with Dell concerning warranty on the PC and not only did I have to spend a LOT of time on the phone with Dell but in the end I spent a LOT of time figuring out a software problem myself.  In fact my next purchase of a PC will NOT be a Dell for the first time in a long time.

I have used McAfee for years now and never had this kind of problem.  When the subscription expires instead of just extending it I will buy a new disc as I always do and start from scratch.  Since the one now is tied to Dell perhaps the issue will not appear.  Not sure but I am tired of the pop-ups.

Thanks for responding.

Reliable Contributor
Message 16 of 24

I suppose I am lucky as mine is a long multi year trial version due to being a mod here for 15 years. I would keep at the mods and will ping Siva to comment more as I feel this will reoccur at 10 mths next subscription.

Ok I see now that you are not getting expired popups as that was just a pic you found online but warnings to buy as your subscription is running out correct?

These buy popups have even been seen at 6 mths from end of subscription and were something we ex-volunteers tried to stop many times but marketing do whatever they can to boost sales and this is something they feel will do it.

@sivasubramanian  I assume these marketing popups several months early are something one has to accept.

Thank you for responding.  Yes the pic of the expired pop-up was because I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot of the desktop when the ad would appear.

If you are actually paying for a product instead of a free, ad supported software version I would hope their would be a version to opt out of advertising. 

Hopefully I can get some kind of answer soon as I would like to see where to go from here.  As I said I have had McAfee for a long time and there have never been the amount of pop ups I see now in past versions.

Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 24

Unfortunately ads are there for paid versions as you near the end of the 12mths I gather.

Still waiting for a response from McAfee on this one.

Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 24

All I can do is call him again

@sivasubramanian can you comment please

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community