cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Stop Mcafee Ad notifications popping up on Windows 10 Desktop

Jump to solution

I am waiting to hear back from anyone concerning this as I have not since my last post.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

While we await the mod popping in unless I missed it what is the current expiry date on your subscription?

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back to me.  Since I haven't heard back since Weds. I assumed no one was going to help with this.  My subscription expires on 12/3/2019.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Note I am only a user like you so only helping from my experience. I know marketing is very pushy trying to sell renewals starting a couple months early but yours started 3 to 4 mths early and popup says it is expired which is wrong. 

I wonder as you have a Dell subscription for McAfee would they help? Worth an ask till Siva returns

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I have actually had a couple of dealings with Dell concerning warranty on the PC and not only did I have to spend a LOT of time on the phone with Dell but in the end I spent a LOT of time figuring out a software problem myself.  In fact my next purchase of a PC will NOT be a Dell for the first time in a long time.

I have used McAfee for years now and never had this kind of problem.  When the subscription expires instead of just extending it I will buy a new disc as I always do and start from scratch.  Since the one now is tied to Dell perhaps the issue will not appear.  Not sure but I am tired of the pop-ups.

Thanks for responding.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I suppose I am lucky as mine is a long multi year trial version due to being a mod here for 15 years. I would keep at the mods and will ping Siva to comment more as I feel this will reoccur at 10 mths next subscription.

Ok I see now that you are not getting expired popups as that was just a pic you found online but warnings to buy as your subscription is running out correct?

These buy popups have even been seen at 6 mths from end of subscription and were something we ex-volunteers tried to stop many times but marketing do whatever they can to boost sales and this is something they feel will do it.

@sivasubramanian  I assume these marketing popups several months early are something one has to accept.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding.  Yes the pic of the expired pop-up was because I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot of the desktop when the ad would appear.

If you are actually paying for a product instead of a free, ad supported software version I would hope their would be a version to opt out of advertising. 

Hopefully I can get some kind of answer soon as I would like to see where to go from here.  As I said I have had McAfee for a long time and there have never been the amount of pop ups I see now in past versions.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Unfortunately ads are there for paid versions as you near the end of the 12mths I gather.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Still waiting for a response from McAfee on this one.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

All I can do is call him again

@sivasubramanian can you comment please

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community