cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Stop Mcafee Ad notifications popping up on Windows 10 Desktop

Jump to solution

Hi @xboxerj,

Please let us know what happens when you click on the pop up which you receive. Is it taking you to a McAfee web page or any other website?  

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 32 of 35

Jump to solution

If an an antivirus acts like a virus, it is time to shop for a different antivirus. Any paid product should -not- completely interrupt what you are working on to advertise a product for which you have already seen a dozen ads. Marketing such as this is bordering on acting like a virus (a piece of code which ... has a detrimental effect). I guess it is acting more like adware (software that automatically displays or downloads advertising material (often unwanted) when a user is online). Still, when I pay for a product, I expect to not have to interact with its marketing nearly every day. STOP THE ADS!

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi @xboxerj,

We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

We would like to know if your McAfee AV software is up to date. Right click at the McAfee icon in the system tray and click on check for updates. Once done, please let us know the version which is installed.

Also let us know if the links takes you to a McAfee website when clicked on the Advertisement.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan J

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I got them stopped.  Thank you!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

How other than removal of Mcafee? Interested if another way

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community