Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xboxerj
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 24

Stop Mcafee Ad notifications popping up on Windows 10 Desktop

Good morning.  I want to stop McAfee notifications from showing up on my Windows 10 Desktop.  I looked inside the Livesafe options and am not sure if there is anything to click regarding this.  I booted up my pc this morning and in the bottom right corner was a pop up about buying a Mcafee product.  I would simply want to block these pop-ups from showing as I am happy with the program but these have appeared periodically since it was installed.  Thanks and hope to hear back soon. 

23 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Stop Mcafee Ad notifications popping up on Windows 10 Desktop

@xboxerj 

Please share the screenshot of the pop ups that you are receiving which will help us to provide further steps.

Regards

Siva

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 3 of 24

Thank you for responding.  The only thing is it shows up randomly and I am not sure when it might appear again.  Also, I am not sure how to take a screenshot of my desktop as that is where it appears.

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 4 of 24

I actually found some images of what I am seeing on the internet, but the one today was for purchasing a McAfee product.  Not just the subscription expiring, per se, but ads soliciting products I especially want to stop appearing on my desktop.

pxfsrjfwo3k11.jpgoxjgqev6f2601.png27452_mcafee ad.png

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 5 of 24

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Consumer-General-Discussions/McAfee-Pop-Ups/td-p/502994

It appears this is an issue that has occurred with McAfee products before.  I also have scanned my PC for malware and spyware and this is a McAfee official popup.  I also do not have this 'Security Scan Plus' that the article mentions installed on my PC.

@xboxerj 

We see that in all the screens which shows the popup, the system date were wrongly set. Please do change it to current date and do verify subscription by right click the McAfee system icon. 

Regards
Siva

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 7 of 24

My system date is correctly set.  The images as I mentioned were screenshots of similar incidents that I saw on Google.  I wasn't sure how to take a screenshot of my desktop and when the ad would appear again so I searched online to provide pictures as was requested. 

xboxerj
Level 9
Message 8 of 24

Funny enough the ad popped up on my system a couple of minutes after I posted.  Here is an actual screen shot from my system:

clipboard_image_0.png

@xboxerj 

Please let us know your country and time zone to check for the same.  Are you still getting the popups.

Regards
Siva

Thanks for responding.  After not hearing back after a week I wasn't sure if I would or not.

I am in the USA and in the Eastern Time Zone.  Yes, I am still getting the pop-ups.  The other day after closing one first thing a second showed up later in the morning.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community