Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rafox
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Renewal of McAfee Livesafe

Jump to solution

I renewed my livesafe subscription on 13th May and received an email confirming that it had been renewed and was valid until 12th June 2019. However my computer advises that I am 44 days overdue but am still covered and my second computer has no cover at all. I have emailed sales@mcafee.com twice about this on the 8th and 13th July and then emailed from the McAfee web site twice on the 16th and 22nd July. So far I have had no response from McAfee. Does this organisation exist and if so what does one have to do to get them to deal with a problem?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Renewal of McAfee Livesafe

Jump to solution

@rafox

Please follow the steps outlined in our article which will be helpful to fix this issue.

Regards
Siva

5 Replies

Jump to solution

@rafox

Please follow the steps outlined in our article which will be helpful to fix this issue.

Regards
Siva

rafox
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Following the article from Sivasubramanian worked. Thank you  for your help. It is still annoying that mcAfee does not respond to requests for help.

Amy_M
Level 7
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but MY mcafee says it expires in 5 days so i went onto my account to renew went through paypal to purchase i got to the paypal page that said transaction was successful etc it went back to the mcafee page to download it i assume but there was an error with the page and now i cant see that i have bought it anywhere like on my mcafee account it doesnt show anywhere that i have bought a new one but i have been charged for it i have a receipt from paypal 

Jump to solution

@Amy_M

Please check whether your purchase is reflected today on My Account and if it is reflected, perform the below steps to update your subscription on McAfee.

Step 1: Verify your Subscription 

1. Right-click the McAfee M-shield  icon next to your PC’s clock. If the McAfee icon is not visible, click the show more icons button.
  2. Click Verify Subscription.
  3. Wait for the process to complete:

• If the correct expiration date is displayed, the issue is solved.
    • If the product still shows as expired, or an expiration date from a previous subscription is displayed, go to Step 2:

Step 2: Run the Subscription Repair Tool
The McAfee Subscription Repair Tool identifies and fixes many common issues with your McAfee subscription.

For Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10:

1. Click to open the McAfee Subscription Repair Tool page.
  2. Click Download.
  3. Save the SubDBFix.exe file to your desktop.
  4. Double-click the SubDBFix.exe file.

NOTE: For Windows 7, right-click SubDBFix.exe and select Run as Administrator.

5. If prompted, click Agree or Continue on the security warnings.
  6. When requested, type in your McAfee account credentials, which are the email address and password you registered with.
  7. Select the product suite installed on your computer, and click Next.
  8. After the tool completes, restart your computer.

For Windows XP or Vista:
NOTE: Microsoft extended support for Windows XP SP3 ended April 8, 2014. See the Related Information section for more details.

1. Click to download and save the following file to your desktop:

http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/iss-loc/mmi/en-us/6.1.112/3/subdbfix.exe

2. Double-click SubDBFix.exe. For Windows Vista, right-click the file and select Run as Administrator.
  3. When requested, type in your McAfee account credentials, which are the email address and password you registered with.
  4. Select the product suite installed on your computer, and click Next.
  5. After the tool completes, restart your computer.

If the product still shows as expired, or an expiration date from a previous subscription is displayed, go to Step 3:

Step 3: Check the subscription expiration date and email address

1. Go to https://mcafee.com/ and click For Consumer.
  2. Click My Account.
  3. Click Sign In.
  4. Type in:
    • The email address for your McAfee account.
    • The password for your McAfee account.
  1. Click Log in.
  2. Under My Account, select the computer running your McAfee software.
  3. Make a note of the subscription information shown.
  4. Open your McAfee product.
  5. Click Your Subscription.
  6. Verify that the Expiration Date and email address match those values shown in your My Account page.
  7. If you can see the latest product under My Account which has not expired and is not about to expire, go to Step 4.

Step 4: Reinstall your software
Because we are unable to repair your installed subscription, you need to uninstall your McAfee software and reinstall it.

1. To uninstall a currently installed McAfee product, follow Steps 1 and 2 in TS101331.
  2. Run the Pre-Install tool:
    1. Download the Pre-Install Tool.
      NOTE: Save the file to a temporary location, such as your desktop.
    2. Double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and follow the prompts.
    3. Read the warning message, and click OK to agree to the changes.
  3. After the Pre-Install Tool completes:
    1. Click OK.
    2. Click Close.
    3. Restart your computer.
  4. Install your McAfee software, following the steps in TS100342.

Regards
Siva

Jump to solution

@Amy_M

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Siva

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.