Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BuLaks
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Renew McAfee Livesafe in laptop with preinstalled/trial version

Hello,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo with preinstalled/trial McAfee Livesafe. Now the trial is over and I decided to get the full version... but I do not want to buy from the provided link since it is far abroad and I think I do not want to bother myself with money transfer.

I found a seller who lives in the same country as I do, offering the product. He told me that I need to uninstall the trial version prior to install the full-version. Is that true? Because it is said that I am registered to to McAfee thus I think I just need an activation or renewal, not a brand new installation.

I need explanation about this from McAfee. Thank you very much. Sorry for my poor English.

Sincerely,

Laksmi from Indonesia

1 Reply
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Renew McAfee Livesafe in laptop with preinstalled/trial version

Hello @BuLaks

Regret the delay in getting back to you. In this scenario, the McAfee installed on your computer will be from a different affiliate and when you purchase McAfee from a local seller, it will be activated under a different affiliate.

Having said that, I see that you are entitled to McAfee from Lenovo which is good until May 2018. Please let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Regards
Farhan

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community