Did you mean: 
Highlighted
BuLaks
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Renew McAfee Livesafe in laptop with preinstalled/trial version

Hello,

I bought a new laptop Lenovo with preinstalled/trial McAfee Livesafe. Now the trial is over and I decided to get the full version... but I do not want to buy from the provided link since it is far abroad and I think I do not want to bother myself with money transfer.

I found a seller who lives in the same country as I do, offering the product. He told me that I need to uninstall the trial version prior to install the full-version. Is that true? Because it is said that I am registered to to McAfee thus I think I just need an activation or renewal, not a brand new installation.

I need explanation about this from McAfee. Thank you very much. Sorry for my poor English.

Sincerely,

Laksmi from Indonesia

1 Reply
Moderator ymdfarhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Renew McAfee Livesafe in laptop with preinstalled/trial version

Hello @BuLaks

Regret the delay in getting back to you. In this scenario, the McAfee installed on your computer will be from a different affiliate and when you purchase McAfee from a local seller, it will be activated under a different affiliate.

Having said that, I see that you are entitled to McAfee from Lenovo which is good until May 2018. Please let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Regards
Farhan