cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redirect Malware For Windows / Firefox in ebay no Help from McAffee

Jump to solution

I am a subscriber of McAfee LifeSave but today I had to learn that neither the installed software nor an interactive session with a McAfee Employee (Service Request #: 2707127565) could get rid of a redirector malware that has installed itself on my computer within firefox. Finally I was told that it was not a McAfee problem any longer. I am indeed dissapointed and hope that it is a misunderstanding.

What is the problem:

When I use ebay in Firefox I always get immediately redirected to a dubious website that wants to involve me into a survey. The effect is, that I cannot use ebay any longer. Details can be easily found on the web https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ebay+redirect+problem Most probably I have clickt on an malware ad (google ads) when I was on ebay.

On the web I find some products that promise me to get rid of such malware. But I thought I pay McAfee exactly for the reason, that McAfee provides malware removal. The least I would expect that McAfee gives profound advice which malware remover to securely use. But even in this case I would ask myself what do I spent my money on and start looking for another provider.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Redirect Malware For Windows / Firefox in ebay

Jump to solution

I have to apologize. It seems as if the problem was entireley caused by ebay itself wihthin its software, but ebay did not inform neither their callcenter agents nor their customers.

Miraculously after two days - and many complaints at ebay - the unwanted permanent redirection to a phishing website was gone without any intervention from my side.

I am annoyed about ebays behaviour and thank McAfee for its support.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Re: Redirect Malware For Windows / Firefox in ebay no Help from McAffee

Jump to solution

You may need to reset Firefox. Check if there are any unwanted extensions or add one in Firefox.

Highlighted
Moderator Madhan
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello @why-dont-they-s 

I'm sorry that the issue didn't get fixed even after contacting McAfee Support. I've sent you a private message. Please check and respond so that we can help you.

Regards,
Madhan M

Jump to solution

First of all thank you for reacting fast and taking my problems seriously. I will respond accordingly.

I just want to add one thing to the description of the symptoms. Not only Firefox is affected. The same happens in Microsoft Edge. Most strange, I use this browser only for occasional remote sessions to my company and have not activated it for weeks or even month so I thought it would be unharmed but it happened almost immediately.

Looks as if the malware has affected someting "central" to all bowsers.

That's when you Need friends ...

Re: Redirect Malware For Windows / Firefox in ebay

Jump to solution

I have to apologize. It seems as if the problem was entireley caused by ebay itself wihthin its software, but ebay did not inform neither their callcenter agents nor their customers.

Miraculously after two days - and many complaints at ebay - the unwanted permanent redirection to a phishing website was gone without any intervention from my side.

I am annoyed about ebays behaviour and thank McAfee for its support.

View solution in original post

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community