cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allyb21
Level 7

Real Time Scanning won't turn on

I use McAfee LiveSafe, and my real time scanning won't turn on. I checked for updates, and updated, it didn't work, I then restarted my laptop, and it still didn't work.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bonjarta
Level 7

Re: Real Time Scanning won't turn on

I called the help desk 866# and was on the phone for an hour, where the CS person accessed my PC and made updates. I was told my ISP service speed was intermittent, so when I uploaded the McAfee updates, the slow download speed corrupted the Mcafee download, hence preventing the Real Time Scanning feature to be to be turned on, or selected to be turned on.... Ok?.....anyaway, it appears to be working now.

0 Kudos

After updating to Mac High Sierra McAfee started failing updates on 3 different Mac's.  The McAfee service Tech deinstalled and re-installed the latest version of LiveSafe.  Now updates are working but like you Real-Time Scanning won't turn on.

The download issue mentioned by bonjarta is likely pure luck vs. the actual problem/fix.  Their installer application should validate the downloaded image (checksum) as part of the install process.  Sounds like the McAfee tech really did not know and gave them a BS answer to make it appear that they knew what they were talking about.

In any case, I now have 3 Mac's at two different locations that I am unable to enable Real-Time Scanning since updating to Livesafe (Version 4.1.1.0).

Anyone else have any luck figuring it out?

0 Kudos
Peacekeeper
Level 20

Ok you posted in a non MAC thread and an old thread I will leave it as you reference comments above but will call a McAfee high level MAC expert to assist you. please post the service request number the support tech gave you and that was emailed to you.

ganeshrajur

karthikk3 
Can 1 of you assist this user please 

0 Kudos

Hi Alison,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. we will let you know once we get the update. The issue still under investigation.

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

0 Kudos