cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Module Core Service high cpu and ram usage

Jump to solution

Hi Selvan,

Already I can update you... only leaving laptop on without use for about an hour, the Module Core Service memory use keeps growing, it's already reached 300MB.

Jump to solution

How much clearer do you need us to make it? the problem is BOTH  high CPU AND high Memory.

1. I've had to uninstall it. Again. But the last one I downloaded and installed was last week.

2. Um, why are there only 3 manufacturers to choose from? My desktop system has an ASUS motherboatd and an i5 processor.

3. Windows 7.

4. Again, which part of this whole sorry saga do we need to make clearer? The problem is constant...Rendering our machines unusable.

5. This happened on a system that had no changes whatsoever and has been stable for years.

6. I'm willing to reinstall it and provide logs only if you gurantee either a solution or a full refund. Without a solution soon I intend to seek a refund anyway.  (Because I've already wasted hours of my time as a result of this problem and I'll no doubt have to waste more time getting a refund).

Jump to solution

Selvan,

You haven't acknowledged receipt of any message. It says you are a Moderator... whatever that is. Are you in charge to help or something or is bothering to follow up a total waste of time?

Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 54 of 110

Jump to solution

Selvan,

You haven't acknowledged receipt of any message. It says you are a Moderator... whatever that is. Are you in charge to help or something or is bothering to follow up a total waste of time?

I have compiled my observations and shared the same with concerned team for investigation. Note that I will post back if more details are required.

Appreciate everyone being patient.

Jump to solution

Selvan,

Thank you for your reply, good to know after so long someone is taking care of the issue. Will continue keeping you updated then.

Regards.

Jump to solution

Yesterday my Windows automatically installed the - Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4093112) April 10, 2018 - after it, once again values seemed to go back to "normal". After having the computer turned on for about an hour, the Memory of the Module Core Service has already reached 110MB and growing...

enzokk
Level 8
Message 57 of 110

Jump to solution

Also have the problem, here is the details, not sure if it will help.

1. Total Protection Version 16 Release name 16.0 R10

2. HP

3. Windows 10

4. Problem happens maybe once a week, or twice, have to hard restart and the usage will be down to 20-30mb RAM, after a few days it is up over 1GB and have to restart. A normal restart via Windows doesn't reset the values.

5. Not sure when or how as it seems to be like a wave as it builds throughout the week

YuriyOk
Level 8
Message 58 of 110

Jump to solution

Dear enzokk!

So far, the community has noted 2 options for a temporary solution to the problem. 1. Complete reinstallation of McAfee. 2. Boot the PC from the system recovery disc.

These actions helped a maximum for a week.

You offer a third option. But I do not understand him. Could you explain in more detail what "hard restart" means. How to do it practically?

I would be extremely grateful for your clarification.

Sincerely.

Highlighted
enzokk
Level 8
Message 59 of 110

Jump to solution

Sorry, my phrases may not make sense as sometimes they confuse even me. What I mean is when I shut down via the start menu (shut down option) the usage remains high when the computer has started up again. But if I press down the power button for 7 seconds and it forces a shut down when the computer restarts the usage is down to below 30mb before slowly creeping up again.

So not a hard restart, but a shut down. I am sure there is a proper term for it, but for me just shutting down via windows does nothing but shutting down (forcing it, thus hard) helps to sort out the problem temporarily.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. The McAfee Module Core Service is taking 3,506.1MB.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64, Dell Vostro laptop, 8GB RAM.

The version of McAfee that I am using is McAfee Total Protection.

The high RAM usage is happening 24 hours even after I restart my laptop.

Please help and provide a solution.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community